Aaron Ramsey is Real Madrid’s top target, while Chelsea are set to muscle in a reported Liverpool target, all in today’s papers.
REAL SET ASIDE £25M FOR ‘UNHAPPY’ RAMSEY
Real Madrid have made Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey their unlikely top transfer target, according to an exclusive on Friday.
“Real are confident of persuading Ramsey to leave the Emirates with an offer of regular football and a substantial increase on his current £90k a week salary,” claim The Sun.
The La Liga giants are hoping to land the Wales midfielder for £25million and reunite him with his compatriot and friend Gareth Bale.
Real though are currently under a transfer embargo until January 2018, but they are apparently confident of winning their case at their Court of Arbitration for Sport appeal.
The report claims Real president, Florentino Perez, has given Zinedine Zidane the green light to freshen up the team’s midfield with James Rodriguez and Luka Modric potebtially moving on.
Real see Ramsey “as an extremely versatile player who can play centrally or all across the field behind a lone striker”, who has become “unhappy” at his lack of game time under Arsene Wenger.
The 25-year-old has been injury-plagued this term after picking up a hamstring injury in August after starring for Wales at Euro 2016. Ramsey was named in the team of the tournament, but he has made just four appearances since for Arsenal.
The focus on securing new deals for Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez has somewhat overshadowed Ramsey’s situation with his deal set to expire in June 2018.
It’s certainly a left field link, but still very spurious considering the fact that Ramsey has struggled all season with injury and the very fact that Los Blancos are unable to sign anyone until their transfer ban is lifted.
CHELSEA MAKE A MOVE FOE KONDOGBIA
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is set to make a move for reported Liverpool target Geoffrey Kondogbia, according to a report.
The Mirror claims that that Kondogbia, 23, is frustrated at a lack of playing time at Inter Milan and he will look to move on in January.
The players representative, Jonathan Maarek, told RMC Sport last week there had been no contact with Ligue 1 giants Marseille and even if there had it would not be a “priority”.
But Maarek has been vocal about his client’s situation recently and claimed that there was plenty of interest in the France man.
The 23-year-old defensive midfielder is out of favour with the Nerazzurri and Calciomercato recently claimed even the arrival of new boss Stefano Pioli was unlikely to herald a new beginning for the player and today’s report says he now wants out.
Chelsea are already well-stocked in midfield with N’Golo Kante, Nemanja Matic, Cesc Fabregas, Nathaniel Chalobah and Ruben Loftus-Cheek. But with Fabregas reportedly allowed to leave in January and Loftus-Cheek a loan target for West Ham there could become room for Kondogbia.
And he would be a perfect fit in Conte’s 3-4-3 as one of the two holding midfielders and competition for Kante and Matic.
This one maybe a goer…
AND THE REST
Inter Milan will make a £50m move for Paris St-Germain’s Argentina winger Angel di Maria, 28, if a bid for Real Madrid’s 25-year-old Colombia international James Rodriguez fails. (Sun)
Everton manager Ronald Koeman is interested in signing out-of-favour Manchester United winger Memphis Depay, 22, having tried to recruit the Netherlands international when in charge of Southampton. (Daily Mirror)
Alex Grimaldo could be on his way out of Benfica in January, with Pep Guardiola interested in bringing the former Spain under-21 international left-back to Manchester City. (AS)
Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers admits Italy striker Mario Balotelli, 26, was “absolutely spot on” to describe their relationship at Anfield as a “disaster”. (TalkSPORT)
Reds striker Daniel Sturridge, 27, has emerged as a shock £25.5m transfer target for Italian side AC Milan. (Calciomercatoweb)
Steve Bruce, the Aston Villa manager, is raiding Brighton and Hove Albion for Colin Calderwood in a surprise move which has added spice to the teams’ match tonight. (Daily Telegraph)
Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho was pictured going into the city’s Spire Hospital on Thursday. It is thought the Brazil international, 24, was having a scan on an injury that leaves him doubtful for Saturday’s match at Southampton. (Liverpool Echo)
Chelsea are considering whether to accept January loan offers for midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek, with the 20-year-old having only played three times under manager Antonio Conte this season. (Evening Standard)
West Ham are in contact with Chelsea about a move for Loftus-Cheek. (Star)
Napoli are reportedly eyeing a shock move for Chelsea star Kurt Zouma. (Star)
Wayne Rooney is in the frame to start for Manchester United against Arsenal – despite his ongoing storm over his late-night drinking session. (Star)
Stoke have calmed fears that Wales midfielder Joe Allen, 26, could be sold to a bigger club after an excellent start to his Potters career. (Stoke Sentinel)
Leicester’s Jeffrey Schlupp, 23, wants to join West Bromwich Albion in the January transfer window. (Express and Star)
Sunderland and Newcastle are both interested in signing Dundalk winger Daryl Horgan, 24, who has scored 10 goals in his last 22 games.(Telegraph)
John Obi Mikel is set to leave Chelsea in January and the 29-year-old Nigeria midfielder is a target for clubs in France and China. (Le 10 Sport, via Daily Star)
Arsenal have joined Juventus and Bayern Munich in a race to sign 17-year-old Swedish striker Alexander Isak from AIK. (Calciomercato)
Everton have had a £7m approach for 19-year-old striker Ademola Lookman rejected by Charlton. (Daily Mirror)
Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho, 26, is “disgusted” by his treatment at the club and wants to leave, with AC Milan and Inter both interested in the France international. (La Parisien, via Daily Star)
Chelsea target Kalidou Koulibaly, 25, says he is happy at current club Napoli, who rejected a £58m bid for the defender from the Blues in the summer. (Evening Standard)