Paper Talk: Liverpool go for PSG flop; City target double deal

Date published: Friday 30th December 2016 8:46

Liverpool are still hoping to sign PSG ‘flop’ Jese Rodriguez, while Man City boss Pep Guardiola has targeted two Spanish defenders, all in Friday’s papers.

SPURS TO CHANCE ARM WITH BARKLEY BID?

Tottenham Hotspur are pondering a January move for Ross Barkley, according to a report.

Mauricio Pochettino is a big admirer of the talented England man ans has earmarked him as a summer target but now Spurs could move for the 23-year-old next month with Everton believed to be willing to sell.

Barkley only has 18 months to run on his current deal and has been in and out of the team and suffered public criticism from new boss Ronald Koeman.

Earlier this month Koeman reportedly placed a £30million price tag on Barkley’s head, but Spurs and Daniel Levy will not want to pay so much for the player, who has scored twice this season.

The Daily Telegraph claims Chelsea and Arsenal also monitoring his situation at Goodison and that Barkley is unlikely to make any decision regarding his future until the end of the season.

Everton will also be keen to see a bidding war in the summer, but must balance the fact that Barkley will only have 12 months left on his contract.

Another weekend of Premier League football is upon us, which means another betting preview is live for our friends Betsafe.

MILAN’S TOP TARGET IS FABREGAS

AC Milan will move for Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas once their Chinese takeover is complete, according to the Corriere dello Sport.

Sino-Europe Sport are poised to take over the Serie A side and they will bankroll summer moves for Fabregas and Real Madrid duo Isco and Mateo Kovacic.

Fabregas’ future looked bleak at the Bridge before December but the 29-year-old has been a key figure this month – playing five times as Chelsea chase Arsenal’s 14-match winning run.

Fabregas is under contract until 2019 and Chelsea will not let him leave on the cheap or without a battle.

AND THE REST

Real Madrid are determined to tempt Chelsea’s ex-Atletico Madrid keeper Thibaut Courtois, 24, back to the Spanish capital at the end of the season. (Sun)

West Ham are targeting former striker Jermain Defoe, 34, as Sunderland manager David Moyes fights to keep his leading scorer. (Daily Mirror)

Sunderland are reportedly set to move for Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone in the wake of Jordan Pickford’s injury. (Various)

But Hammers manager Slaven Bilic says there is no truth in reports suggesting he will make a loan move for Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford, 19, in the January transfer window. (Various)

Tottenham could move for Real Madrid attacking midfielder Isco as the 24-year-old Spain international considers his future after failing to play regularly this season. (Daily Mirror)

Chris Coleman has already turned down an approach from Swansea to replace Bob Bradley as manager. (Sun)

Chelsea and Bayern Munich will reportedly battle it out for Stefan de Vrij after the defender told Lazio he wants to leave. (Sun)

Chelsea are preparing to launch a bid for former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez, who has become one of the leading goalscorers in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen. (Sun)

Liverpool are ready to move for Jese Rodriguez in January – even though his Paris Saint-Germain transfer has been branded a ‘mistake’. (Sun)

Derby County owner Mel Morris has jumped into the race for Middlesbrough hotshot Jordan Rhodes as he looks to fulfil his Premier League dream. (Sun)

Serie A giants AC Milan and Roma have reportedly reignited their interest in Jack Wilshere. (Star)

Torino have reportedly pulled out of the race to sign Joe Hart permanently. (Star)

Chelsea midfielder Marco van Ginkel is set to rejoin PSV Eindhoven on loan in January. (Star)

Manchester City are willing to hold off on a move for Virgil van Dijk until the summer but Chelsea’s interest could spark a £55m bidding war for the Southampton defender. (Daily Mail)

Simone Zaza is in talks with Valencia over a possible January move as he looks to end his disastrous loan spell at West Ham. (Daily Mail)

Manchester City scout Ronnie Cusick has left the club to join Manchester United. (Daily Mail)

Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte has opened the door for a move to Manchester City. (Star)

Alexis Sanchez is being targeted by Inter Milan as part of an ambitious triple raid. (Sun)

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri says Kasper Schmeichel will not be sold next month following reports linking the 30-year-old Denmark goalkeeper with a move to Liverpool in January. (Various)

Ranieri has indicated the £15m arrival of 20-year-old Nigeria midfielder Wilfred Ndidi from Belgium side Genk will be announced in the next few days. (Leicester Mercury)

Meanwhile, Leicester have also made a £8.5m bid for Sassuolo’s 28-year-old centre-back Francesco Acerbi. (La Gazzetta dello Sport)

The Professional Footballers’ Association has called on the game’s authorities to consider a ban on heading for children aged under 10. (Daily Telegraph)

Aleksandr Mitrovic has told Rafa Benitez he wants to stay and fight for his place at Newcastle amid reports Crystal Palace are preparing a £15m bid.  (Daily Telegraph)

Championship side Aston Villa want to sign 26-year-old Middlesbrough striker Jordan Rhodes – but not for the £11m asking price. (Daily Telegraph)

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola tried to sign Spanish defenders Lucas, 20, and Theo Hernandez, 19, in a double deal from Atletico Madrid, the Spanish club have claimed. (Manchester Evening News)

Manchester United want to sign Atalanta’s 20-year-old midfielder Franck Kessie, according to his agent. (Manchester Evening News)

Red Devils manager Jose Mourinho has invited Livingston’s 17-year-old midfielder Matthew Knox to the club for a third trial. (Daily Record)

Watford striker Jerome Sinclair, 20, is not close to leaving the Premier League club on loan, despite being linked with a number of Championship sides. (Watford Observer)

Stoke manager Mark Hughes is eyeing loan moves for Napoli striker Manolo Gabbiadini, 25, and Leipzig forward Davie Selke, 21, when the transfer window opens. (Stoke Sentinel)

Burnley are set to continue with their plans to re-sign 34-year-old midfielder Joey Barton, despite the move being thrown into doubt after he was given a Football Association misconduct charge for betting offences. (Lancashire Telegraph)

Middlesbrough’s £6m move for Aston Villa striker Rudy Gestede, 28, could be completed early next week. (Middlesbrough Evening Gazette)

Sunderland have not been approached by any of their Premier League rivals for keeper Jordan Pickford, 22, or 27-year-old defender Lamine Kone, says manager David Moyes. (Sunderland Echo)

Black Cats striker Fabio Borini, 25, will not be moving back to Italy despite interest from AC Milan and Roma, says his agent Roberto De Fanti. (Chronicle)

Arsenal right-back Mathieu Debuchy, 31, says he did not appreciate Arsene Wenger blocking a move to Manchester United last January, saying he hopes to leave the Gunners when the transfer window reopens. (L’Equipe)

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments