Paper Talk: Stegen, Higuain, United plot Real triple raid

Date published: Friday 12th February 2016 3:34

Gonzalo Higuain: Reportedly rejected a new deal at Napoli.

Gonzalo Higuain: Reportedly fancies Juve switch

Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen remains a target for Liverpool, Higuain snubbed Chelsea and Manchester United prepare their summer moves.

BATSHUAYI, MATUIDI HEADING FOR PREMIER LEAGUE

French paper L’Equipe have gone into overdrive with their transfer speculation in the last 24 hours with numerous lines emerging from France.

They suggest that Tottenham are in advanced talks to sign Marseille’s Belgium international striker Michy Batshuayi, who has scored 21 goals in 46 games for the French club.

The 22-year-old has been on the radar of Spurs and north London rivals Arsenal for some time, but Marseille were always unwilling to sell. Now however they are believed to be ready to part with Batshuayi, who would command a fee of at least £25million.

L’Equipe have also reported that Chelsea are chasing Paris St-Germain midfielder Blaise Matuidi, who could cost as much as 30million euros.

The French press believe that Chelsea want Mataudi to fill the void left by Ramires, who went to China last month.

The 28-year-old is reportedly considering a move away from France after playing all his senior career in his homeland.

STEGEN REMAINS LIVERPOOL’S NO. 1 TARGET

Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen remains Liverpool’s first-choice goalkeeper target, according to Bleacherreport.

The 23-year-old has been a long-term reported target for the Anfield club and the 23-year-old is believed to be unhappy at playing second fiddle to Claudio Bravo at Barcelona.

Jurgen Klopp is still believed to be looking to add a new keeper to his squad despite Simon Mignolet’s new contract at Anfield.

Bleacherreport also report that Liverpool have expressed an interest in 22-year-old Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius as a back-up option if their move for Stegen falls through.

 

HIGUAIN SNUBBED CHELSEA MOVE

The Daily Mail claim that Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain rejected a £40million January move to Chelsea because the Blues would not guarantee him to be their No. 1 striker.

Chelsea were prepared to offer big money to land the 28-year-old in January but the Argentina star wanted assurances that he would play every week and Guus Hiddink was unwilling to agree to that.

The report claims Chelsea approached over half a dozen other strikers during the January transfer window only to be rebuffed in every attempt.

Higuain will remain on Chelsea’s summer radar after leading the Serie A goalscoring charts with 24 goals.

AND THE REST

Manchester United are tracking Real Madrid trio Gareth Bale, Luka Modric and Raphael Varane. (Sport)

Inter Milan full-back Yuto Nagatomo has confirmed that he had rejected a bid from Manchester United in January as he wanted to continue playing in Italy. (Mail)

Former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson believes Wayne Rooney is the next big-money target for China’s Super League. The 30-year-old Manchester United striker could be offered £500,000 a week to move to the Far East. (Expressen)

Louis van Gaal, 64, believes he will still be Manchester United boss next season if he returns them to the Champions League. (Sun)

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, 53, believes he will only get the United job if they finish outside of the Premier League top four. (Manchester Evening News)

Former Chelsea assistant manager Ray Wilkins believes Mourinho could try to sign Chelsea captain John Terry, 35, if the Portuguese manager takes over at Manchester United. (TalkSPORT)

Van Gaal says he has been “very unlucky” with injuries which he believes has affected United league’s position. (Independent)

Winger Pedro hopes to reignite his Chelsea career rather than securing a move away from the reigning Premier League champions. (Evening Standard)

Former Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue, 32, has been told he must prove his fitness to earn a contract at Sunderland. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew says winger Wilfried Zaha, 23, is worth a place in the England squad. (Croydon Advertiser)

Leeds are threatening legal action after an advert criticising owner Massimo Cellino was placed outside Elland Road by a fans’ group. (Yorkshire Post)

Related Articles

Your Say