John Stones is being watched by Real Madrid, Arsenal want Isco and Youri Tieleman, while Everton, Aston Villa, Leicester and Swansea are chasing Ahmed Elmohamady.
STONES WATCHED BY REAL MADRID
Everton defender John Stones is wanted by Real Madrid, according to Spanish newspaper AS.
Fresh from a summer-long battle to keep the England defender out of the clutches of Chelsea, it is now being reported that Real Madrid have sent scouts to watch the player and could make a move if they decide to cash in on French defender Raphael Varane.
Varane has long been linked with a move to Manchester United, and the paper says that Rafa Benitez has Stones lined up as a replacement should United stump up enough cash to meet Real’s asking price for the Frenchman.
Last week it was claimed that Stones was ready to sign a new deal at Everton – but only if it contained a £38million release clause.
GUNNERS WANT ISCO & TIELEMANS
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is insisting his club sign Real Madrid creative midfielder Isco, according to Spanish media outlet Fichajes, while it’s also claimed the Gunners are on the trail of Anderlecht’s 18-year-old Chelsea target Youri Tieleman.
Isco has been forced to fight for his place at the Bernabeu due to the presence of Colombian superstar James Rodriguez and new-boy Mateo Kovacic this season. And Wenger, always on the lookout for talented players who can elevate the level of his squad, has pushed club directors to make a January move for the former Malaga man, who is rated around the 50million euros mark.
He might not be the only January addition heading to the Emirates either after the Independent claimed they want Tielemans.
The 18-year-old burst has been an integral part of the Anderlecht side in the last two seasons, and made his Champions League debut at the age of just 16 years and 148 days. He played for Anderlecht against Arsenal in the Champions League last season.
He has yet to play for Belgium at international level, but already comes with a £14million price tag.
FOUR PREM TEAMS CHASE ELMOMOHAMADY
Hull boss Steve Bruce is ready to let Egypt international Ahmed Elmohamady make a return to the Premier League in the January transfer window with Everton, Aston Villa, Leicester and Swansea all reportedly interested.
The Daily Mirror claims the player will be allowed to leave the Tigers if any club matches their £5million valuation, who will become a free agent next summer.
The Egypt international is keen to make a quick return to the top flight following City’s relegation last May, and a source confirmed: “The player is expected to leave Hull in January.
“Several offers have been received from Premier League clubs who are interested in Ahmed because of his experience, and he prefers to continue his English journey.”
And Tigers boss Bruce, preparing for a trip to Cardiff on Tuesday, confirmed: “I won’t stand in his way. Elmo is in the final year of his contract with us, and the last thing we would want is to lose him on a free next summer.”
AND THE REST
– West Brom have handed a trial to former West Ham forward Ricardo Vaz Te (Daily Telegraph)
– Gianluigi Buffon says Manchester City’s failure to land Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba for £70million this summer was a ‘victory for football’ (Daily Mirror)
– Chelsea have been forced to deny a training ground bust-up between John Terry and Diego Costa (Daily Mail)
– Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has hinted Cristiano Ronaldo could be sold (Daily Star)
– Louis van Gaal put in an £88m bid to Bayern Munich for Thomas Muller but the Bundesliga side held firm and rejected the improved offer (Daily Star)
– Sunderland sporting director Lee Congerton is being targeted by Borussia Monchengladbach for the same role (Daily Telegraph)
– Blackpool have signed former Burnley and Huddersfield striker Martin Paterson on a free. Northern Ireland international was on a free after leaving Orlando City last month (Daily Mirror)
– Fulham defender Dan Burn is set to join Sheffield United on a permanent deal after sealing a three-month loan move to Bramall Lane (Daily Mirror)
– Charlie Austin wants to avoid a January move from QPR so he can cash his chips as a Bosman free agent next summer (The Sun)
– Fulham are ready to offer midfielder Mousa Dembele a treble-your-money new deal following his fine start to the Championship season (The Sun)
– Johnny Russell is set to be handed a new deal by Derby (The Sun)