Francesco Totti is a target for a Premier League title contender, while Pep Guardiola wants Man City to rival Chelsea for an Ajax starlet.
RANIERI EYES UP ANGRY TOTTI
Francesco Totti has emerged as a summer target for Leicester.
The Sun has repeated a report from Italy that claims Claudio Ranieri is monitoring the Roma icon’s situation after his falling out with coach Luciano Spalletti.
Totti was dropped from the Roma squad on Sunday, which did not go down well with the 39-year-old: “I can’t stay at Roma if things are like this. It hurts to be on the bench. I demand more respect for all I’ve done here.”
Ranieri apparently believes Totti’s experience would be a valuable asset for the Foxes next season, especially if they remain on course to qualify for the Champions League.
PEP WANTS CITY TO ENTER BAZOER BATTLE
Pep Guardiola wants Manchester City to take on Chelsea in the race for Ajax midfielder Riechedly Bazoer.
The Mirror claims the in-demand 19-year-old’s agent was at Cobham last week and left with a very positive impression of Chelsea and assurances over the starlet’s future.
Napoli have had a £20million offer rejected by Ajax while Chelsea were reportedly told previously that Bazoer wants to join Barcelona.
Guardiola, according to The Mirror, likes Bazoer, who has been “likened to Frank Rijkaard because of his maturity in midfield”.
NEYMAR DEAL ALREADY SIGNED
Neymar has reportedly already signed a new five-year contract at Barcelona but the deal is yet to be announced.
The Daily Express repeats ESPN Brazil’s claim that the forward has committed his future to the European champions, despite interest from Manchester United and Manchester City.
The 24-year-old is said to have become the club’s second-highest paid player behind Lionel Messi but the agreement has not yet been announced because of tax issues surrounding both player and club.
AND THE REST
- Andriy Yarmolenko’s agent has talked up the chance of his client joining Arsenal this summer (Daily Express)
- Michael Carrick has turned down the chance to join the Chinese Super League exodus (Daily Mirror)
- Tottenham are plotting a summer move for Napoli striker Lorenzo Insigne as long as they secure a place in the Champions League. (Daily Mirror)
- Andres Iniesta and Gerard Pique asked about Hector Bellerin’s situation at Arsenal after Barcelona’s 2-0 Champions League win on Tuesday. (The Sun)
- Real Madrid and Barcelona will battle it out for Riyad Mahrez this summer, with a £25m offer on the cards. (The Sun)
- Chelsea will make a summer move for £30m rated AC Milan defender Alessio Romagnoli as they look for a long-term replacement for John Terry. (Daily Star)
- Manchester United are facing a challenge from Chelsea in their bid to sign Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani. (Daily Star)