Paper Talk: United and Chelsea eye youngsters

Date published: Wednesday 16th September 2015 7:50

Michu: Has his Swansea contract terminated

Michu: Has his Swansea contract terminated

Manchester United and Chelsea have been linked with youngsters, while Swansea striker Michu is said to be considering retirement.

UNITED EYE ENNIS

Manchester United are ready to make a move for Wolves teenager Niall Ennis, according to ESPN FC.

Ennis, who made his debut for Wolves’ Under-21 team as a 15-year-old last season, is said to have attracted the attention of a number of top Premier League sides after impressing for club and country in recent months.

The likes of Manchester City and Chelsea are said to have been tracking a player that scored his first goal for England Under-17s earlier this month, but United are apparently set to make an offer in excess of £1million to win the race.

CHELSEA CONSIDER NEVES MOVE

Chelsea are considering a January move for FC Porto starlet Ruben Nevez, according to HITC Sport.

Nevez has already established himself as a key member of Porto’s first team, and Jose Mourinho is said to be well aware of the 18-year-old’s progress at the club he used to manage.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are also said to have scouted the defensive midfielder, but Chelsea may attempt to sign him as early as January with Paul Pogba likely to remain unobtainable.

MICHU MAY RETIRE

Swansea outcast Michu is considering retirement, report The Sun and Daily Mirror, after he failed to find a new club before the transfer deadline.

Talks between Swansea and the Spaniard’s representatives have continued, but the South Wales club are refusing the 29-year-old’s demand that they pay up the £1.5million remaining on his contract. It is said a mutual termination remains the most likely outcome, however.

Rayo Vallecano, Granada and Celtic had all expressed an interest in Michu over the summer, but his representatives are said to have told the Scottish champions that the striker is weighing up his future in football after another operation on his ankle problem that has ruined his last two seasons.

Swans boss Garry Monk said: “It is still ongoing as far as I know, but he is not with us in Swansea.

“We are trying to come to an agreement with another club to take him away or find a good way to get it sorted for all parties.”

AND THE REST

  • Bournemouth are discussing a deal for former Inter Milan midfielder Alessandro Cannatero (Daily Mail)
  • Bournemouth are set to beat Leicester to the signing of former Inter Milan midfielder Alessandro Cannatero (Daily Mirror)
  • Southampton flop Gaston Ramirez is wanted by Bologna and Lazio (Daily Mirror/The Sun)

Related Articles

Your Say

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *