Manchester United are in talks over an £18m deal for Saul Niguez, Liverpool are considering a bid for Dennis Praet, while Chelsea could bid £30m for AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca, according to Tuesday’s newspapers.
UNITED IN TALKS OVER NIGUEZ DEAL
Manchester United have begun discussions with Atletico Madrid over Saul Niguez.
Arsenal are also understood to be admirers of the 21-year-old, who has an £18million release clause in his contract, according to the Daily Mirror.
The Old Trafford giants are keen to do a deal in this winter window but Atletico are battling to keep the player, with coach Diego Simeone insistent that the rising star remains a big part of his plans.
Should he depart, Niguez would be the fourth player to leave Atletico for the Premier League in the last two years.
Defender Toby Alderweireld joined Spurs from the Spanish club last summer after a successful loan at Southampton. Twelve months previously, striker Diego Costa and left-back Filipe Luis were both sold to Chelsea.
LIVERPOOL PONDER ‘MONSTER BID’ FOR PRAET
Liverpool are reportedly plotting a ‘monster bid’ for Anderlecht’s Belgium international forward Dennis Praet
Both the Daily Express and Daily Star carry claims from the 21-year-old’s agent Jacques Lichtenstein.
“What can he gain by spending one more season at Anderlecht?”he told Voetbal International of the Liverpool and Fiorentina target.
“He has already played for three years and has contributed to three back-to-back league titles…”
It’s understood Anderlecht have set a £22.3million asking price for the young Belgian international, which is said to have ended Fiorentina’s interest.
However, according to Belgian newspaper HLN a ‘monster bid’ from Liverpool is expected as Jurgen Klopp looks to further strengthen his side in January.
The report claims Klopp’s admiration for Praet grew following Borussia Dortmund’s 2014 Champions League clash with Anderlecht.
Praet turned down an offer to join Arsenal in 2010, claiming he didn’t want to disrupt his education by moving to London at such a young age.
CHELSEA PONDER CARLOS BACCA MOVE
Chelsea are eyeing a £30million move for AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca as Diego Costa’s injury worries continue, according to a number of the morning papers.
The 29-year-old Bacca has scored eight goals in 19 Serie A games for AC Milan so far after joining the club from Sevilla last summer.
Bacca won back-to-back Europa League titles with the Spanish club before sealing his move to the San Siro in July, with the club triggering his £21m buyout clause.
But AC Milan have struggled this season and currently sit eighth in the Serie A table, 12 points behind leaders Napoli.
And Premier League champions Chelsea are monitoring the striker as they bid to bolster their squad ahead of their push up the Premier League table.
The Blues, who sacked Jose Mourinho in December and replaced him with Guus Hiddink on an interim basis, currently have Diego Costa, Loic Remy and Radamel Falcao as striking options.
AND THE REST
- Southampton are set to improve their bid for Stefano Sturaro after Juventus rejected a £12.7m offer (Daily Mirror)
- Leandro Bacuna has emerged as a scapegoat for unhappy Aston Villa fans after being targeted with vile abuse about his baby daughter (Daily Mirror)
- Leicester have joined the race for £3.7m Hajduk Split star Tino-Sven Susic, who is also being eyed by Inter Milan (Daily Mirror)
- Newcastle are set to beat their former boss Alan Pardew to the £12m signature of Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey (Daily Mail)
- West Brom striker Saido Berahino is desperate to join Tottenham in January and will turn down approaches from all other clubs (The Sun)
- Arsenal target Marcelo Brozovic’s agent has opened the door to a move to the Premier League (The Sun)
- Felipe Anderson has admitted he is uncertain if he will remain with Lazio in January amid interest from Manchester United (Daily Express)
- Newcastle may have secured the services of midfielder Henri Saivet, but manager Steve McClaren wants owner Mike Ashley to splash more cash in January to help their quest to avoid the drop (The Guardian)
- Liverpool will make a strong effort to sign Saido Berahino as a replacement for Daniel Sturridge (Daily Express)
- Arsenal are interested in Chelsea defender Ola Aina, whose contract at Stamford Bridge expires at the end of the season (Daily Mail)
- Leicester City are poised to offer Ben Chilwell a new deal after it emerged that the Arsenal and Liverpool target earns £800 a week (Daily Telegraph)
- Chelsea are confident of signing academy graduate Ruben Loftus-Cheek to a new long-term contract before the end of the season (Daily Telegraph)
- Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy is refusing to budge from his £14m valuation of Andros Townsend (Daily Telegraph)
- Aston Villa’s American billionaire owner Randy Learner is due to issue a statement following meetings on the club’s future (The Times)