Manchester United are lining up a £70m bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, while Man City will offer three players in exchange for John Stones.
UNITED TARGET AUBAMEYANG
Manchester United are lining up a £70m summer bid for Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.(Mail on Sunday)
United this week revealed cash reserves of £121.6million and Ed Woodward is keen to add big names to the Red Devils’ struggling squad.
According to the Mail on Sunday, “star names such as Robert Lewandowski, Neymar and Gareth Bale have also been cited. But Aubameyang is a more-likely proposition”.
The 26-year-old has scored 27 goals for Dortmund this season.
OZIL REPORTS BAFFLE ARSENAL
Arsenal are said to be bemused by claims that Mesut Ozil has rejected the offer of a new contract.
Reports in Spain suggested Ozil had snubbed a new deal, with Barcelona said to be interested in bringing the playmaker back to Spain.
But, according to the Sunday Mirror, an ‘Arsenal insider’ denied that there had been detailed discussions over extending a contract that still has two and a half years yet to run.
The former Real Madrid star told Kicker in December that “there are no talks at the moment” while insisting that he was “very happy” in north London.
CITY TO OFFER £75m PACKAGE FOR STONES
Manchester City plan to offer three players as bait for Everton to agree to sell John Stones in the summer.
The Sunday People claims City will offer Wilfried Bony, Jesus Navas and Eliaquim Mangala in exchange for the England defender.
The trio cost City a combined £75million but there is no doubt that Bony and Mangala’s value has depreciated since moving to Manchester.
Everton turned down a series of bids from Chelsea last year, with the Blues, City and Manchester United all likely to be in the hunt for Stones this summer.
AND THE REST
- Leicester City’s players are to be rewarded with all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas if they can claim the Premier League title. (Mail on Sunday)
- West Brom’s James McClean was involved in a heated exchange with Everton supporters after being substituted in Saturday’s 1-0 win at Goodison Park. (Mail on Sunday)
- Officials of Charlton Athletic were forced to apologise after showing the wrong club legend on screen when paying tribute to the late Graham Moore. (Sunday Mirror)
- Arsenal are reportedly in talks with Adrian Rabiot’s representatives over a summer transfer from Paris Saint-Germain.(Sunday Express)
- Ryan Giggs should be given the Manchester United job in place of Louis van Gaal, claims former player Lee Sharpe.(Sunday Express)
- Chelsea haven begun talks with Ajax over move for £15.5m teenage sensation Riechedly Bazoer, who has also been linked with Arsenal. (Sunday Express)
- Brazil international Lucas Moura has revealed he rejected the chance to join Manchester United. (Sunday Express)
- Chelsea and Barcelona target Paul Pogba is reportedly willing to take a pay cut to secure a transfer away from Juventus this summer. (Sunday Express)
- Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez is being eyed up by Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund for a summer transfer. (Sunday Express)
- Arsene Wenger has revealed he snubbed a chance to buy superstar Riyad Mahrez because the £400,000 fee was too cheap. (Sun on Sunday)
- Mesut Ozil has rejected a contract extension with Arsenal as Barcelona are eyeing up a move for the German. (Sun on Sunday)
- Paris Saint-Germain are lining up a mega £580,000-a-week deal to sign Barcelona star Neymar. (Sun on Sunday)
- Daniel Sturridge has been banned from wearing his own branded hat at Liverpool. (Sun on Sunday)
- Jamie Vardy was snubbed by Bradford during his non-league days because of his ‘bad-boy reputation’. (Sun on Sunday)
- Frank Lampard has offered to buy John Terry a plane ticket to join him at MLS side New York City. (Sun on Sunday)
- Pep Guardiola is already on a collision course with Manchester City over their summer China trip and a proposed tour game with cross-town rivals United. (Sunday People)
- Louis van Gaal doesn’t expect a call from his old friend Jose Mourinho to deny he’ll soon be the manager of Manchester United. (Sunday People)
- Manchester United’s Juan Mata is a transfer target for at least three Chinese Super League clubs. (Sunday People)
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has ordered scouts to keep an eye on N’Golo Kante on Sunday when Leicester visit the Emirates. (Sunday People)
- Liverpool are plotting summer swoop for Norway international defender Havard Nordtveit. (Sunday People)
- Gary Neville has announced former Liverpool assistant manager Pako Ayestaran will join him at Valencia. (Sunday People)