Paper Talk: Man Utd plot triple raid on Valencia

Date published: Friday 6th November 2015 7:50

Jose Gaya and Andre Gomes: Linked with United moves

Jose Gaya and Andre Gomes: Linked with United moves

Manchester United are watching Shkodran Mustafi, Jose Luis Gaya and Andre Gomes, Liverpool want Marc-Andre Ter Stegen, while Everton have put a £45m fee on Romelu Lukakau, say Friday’s papers.

UNITED PLOT TRIPLE RAID ON VALENCIA

Manchester United are plotting a triple raid on Valencia, with Louis van Gaal interested in signing centre-back Shkodran Mustafi, left-back Jose Luis Gaya and midfielder Andre Gomes.

The Daily Mail claims United have sent scouts to watch the trio and are considering January raids.

Valencia, whose assistant manager is former United defender Phil Neville, are currently third in La Liga behind the big two.

And defenders Mustafi and Gaya have been impressive.

Gaya, a left-back, signed a five-year deal in the summer but has been touted as a possible option for United before.

Luke Shaw struggled to settle last season and suffered a horrendous double leg break earlier this season – putting the rest of his campaign in doubt.

Mustafi, 23, played for Everton between 2009-12 and has developed into a top central defender in Spain.

And 22-year-old midfielder Andre Gomes is a Portugal international and has been on Chelsea’s radar previously.

LIVERPOOL EYE TER STEGEN

Liverpool could move for Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen as competition for Simon Mignolet, with Jurgen Klopp a big fan of the former Borussia Monchengladbach No 1.

The Sun claims the German stopper has emerged as a target as he plots to fill one of his problem voids at Anfield.

The story was first mentioned in our Rumour Mill review earlier this week – but now it seems the British tabloids have caught wind of the link.

Ter Stegen joined Barcelona from Borussia Monchengladbach for £9m in the summer of 2014, apparently rejecting Klopp and Borussia Dortmund in order to move to the Camp Nou.

Klopp is said to be a great admirer of the 23-year-old, who has struggled for appearances as he has competed with Claudio Bravo for a first-team spot.

In fact, the German has made just four league appearances since moving to the Catalan giants.

EVERTON PLACE £45M FEE ON LUKAKU

Everton have put a £45m price tag on Romelu Lukaku in an attempt to ward off potential buyers next summer.

The Daily Mail claims the Merseyside club have slapped the hefty fee on the 22-year-old Belgian in an effort to deter interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus.

Lukaku moved to Goodison Park from Chelsea for £28 million in 2014, and while he purports to be happy working under Roberto Martinez, the outlet asserts he’s hungry to taste Champions League football and thus likely to reassess his future with the Premier League side at the end of the season.

AND THE REST

– Newcastle are hoping to make a January move for Tottenham outcast Andros Townsend, but they will face competition from Aston Villa, West Brom and Sunderland (Daily Mirror)

– Cristiano Ronaldo feels Manchester United’s Memphis Depay is one of the best young players in the world and will bounce back from being dropped by Louis van Gaal (Daily Mirror)

– Claudio Ranieri has told Riyad Mahrez to forget about leaving Leicester and carry on ‘growing up’ before he joins one of the top sides (Daily Star)

– Former Charlton defender Richard Rufus has been accused of defrauding investors out of more than £8m in a Ponzi-style scheme (The Guardian)

Related Articles

Your Say

Comments are closed here.