Manchester United are ready to offer Arsenal star Mesut Ozil £250,000 a week to lure the player away from The Emirates.
UNITED READY £250,000-A-WEEK DEAL FOR OZIL
Jose Mourinho “is plotting a shock move for Arsenal contract rebel Mesut Ozil”, according to a report on Friday.
Mourinho and Manchester United are willing to pay Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil £250,000 a week to tempt him away from the Gunners. Ozil is believed to be in contract talks with the Gunners over extending his deal, which ends in 2018, but so far there has been no agreement.
The 28-year-old is Arsenal’s highest-paid player on around £140,000 a week, and the reported £20,000 a week rise which was Arsenal’s first offer has been rebuffed by the German international’s advisors.
Mourinho is hoping to capitalise on the contract negotiations and, according to The Sun will launch a summer move for the player, who has been in fine form this season.
Ozil has scored seven times in 13 appearances and Mourinho, who managed Ozil at Real Madrid for three years, will be hoping he can persuade the midfielder to head north.
Would Arsenal be willing to sell to United? Absolutely not and the final line in the tabloid is telling: “However, a deal is some way off with United accepting they would have to wait until next summer with nothing likely to be agreed in January.”
AND THE REST
Stoke full-back Glen Johnson is on a list of possible January signings at Barcelona – and the 32-year-old England international will have the backing of his old Liverpool team-mate Luis Suarez. (Daily Mail, Star)
The FA has still not removed Sam Allardyce’s name from the England manager’s office at Wembley six weeks after he was sacked. (Sun)
Chelsea are looking at Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Marco Verratti. (Sun)
Memphis Depay is ready to make a bid to save his Manchester United career – by heading out of Old Trafford on loan. (Star)
Manchester United are plotting an Old Trafford return for Michael Keane – but a swoop for the Burnley man will cost them a major cash windfall. (Star)
United have reportedly offered Bastian Schweinsteiger £9.6m to terminate his contract. (Star)
West Ham have been told it will cost them £2.5m to ditch flop Gokhan Tore. (Sun)
Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel is ready to call time on his career at Stamford Bridge if the right offer is on the table in January, after failing to force his way into Antonio Conte’s plans. (Daily mail)
Tottenham face a battle to keep hold of captain Hugo Lloris with contract talks stalling. (Sun)
Andreas Pereira could have his loan-spell with Granada cut short after Manchester United’s poor start to the season. (Sun)
A member of England’s 23-man squad for Euro 2016 called his agent after arriving in France and asked “can you get me out of this?” (BBC Radio 5 live)
Real Madrid were among the clubs interested in signing 24-year-old Barcelona forward Neymar before he signed a new contract with the Catalan club last month, the player’s father has confirmed.(Mundo Deportivo)
Manchester City have had an injury scare with their goalkeeper Claudio Bravo who limped out of Chile’s draw with Colombia on Thursday night. (Daily Mirror)
Sevilla boss Jorge Sampaoli says he has no interest in Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas, despite admitting that the World Cup winner is a player “any coach would love to have”. (Daily Mirror)
Sergio Aguero insists he has no problems with Pep Guardiola and that he will only leave Manchester City for his boyhood team Independiente. (Daily Mirror)
Aston Villa’s former England defender Micah Richards is a target for Turkish side Trabzonspor. (Daily Mirror)
AC Milan and Napoli are both keeping an eye on Olivier Giroud’s lack of football at Arsenal. The 30-year-old striker has started just one game for the Gunners this season and has 18 months left on his contract. (Daily Mirror)
Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic will not be sold to Napoli in January, his agent insists. (Daily Express)
Dundalk midfielder Daryl Horgan admits he would consider a move if Newcastle make a bid for him. (Daily Express)
Manchester United right-back Matteo Darmian remains on Inter Milan’s radar despite the club changing manager, according to reports. (Daily Express)
Borussia Dortmund are keen to extend Christian Pulisic’s contract amid reported interest from Liverpool. (Daily Express)
Championship side Queen’s Park Rangers are set to reappoint former manager Ian Holloway as their new boss – 10 years after he left the club. (Evening Standard)
Chelsea’s 19-year-old striker Tammy Abraham – who has scored 12 goals in 20 games on loan at Bristol City so far this season – accepts that he may have to leave Stamford Bridge to play Premier League football. (Squawka)
West Brom are willing to offer Liverpool outcast Mamadou Sakho a lifeline amid Nice interest. (Daily Express)
Former Manchester City and Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton is a free agent after leaving Rangers – and Derby County are among the early favourites to sign the 34-year-old. (Daily Mirror)
Aston Villa defender Micah Richards has been tipped to move to Turkey this January, with Trabzonspor still interested in the 28-year-old after failing with a bid over the summer. (Birmingham Mail)
Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has moved to ease fans’ fears over manager Ronald Koeman’s recent claim that 23-year-old striker Romelu Lukaku has “greater and higher” potential than the club can match. (Talksport)