All the latest Opta stats ahead of the Premier League weekend, with Aguero looking to break a goalscoring duck, while Milner, Kane and Lukaku face favourable opposition…
Burnley v Manchester City
Saturday 26 November 2016 (12:30)
Turf Moor, Burnley
- Burnley have won just once in their last 11 league matches against Manchester City (D5 L5), although it came last time out in the Premier League in March 2015 at Turf Moor (1-0).
- Manchester City have won eight and lost one of their last 14 contests with Burnley in all competitions (W8 D5 L1), netting 37 goals in the process (2.6 per game).
- George Boyd has scored in each of his last two Premier League appearances against Man City – netting in the 2-2 draw at the Etihad in December 2014 and the only goal of the game in March 2015.
- Sergio Aguero has scored against 28 of the 30 different teams that he’s faced in the Premier League, but Burnley are one of the two that he hasn’t scored against yet (0 goals, 1 app).
- Aguero has scored 31 goals in his last 33 Premier League appearances for Manchester City.
- Burnley have scored the highest proportion of their Premier League goals in home games this season (91% – 10/11).
- Manchester City have scored the highest tally (15) and proportion (56%) of their goals away from home in the Premier League this season.
- Burnley have allowed their opponents 54 more shots on target than they have attempted themselves in the Premier League this season (28 attempted, 82 conceded).
- Raheem Sterling has made more touches in the opposition box than any other player in the Premier League this season (104) – Burnley have only made 153 as a team (the third fewest).
- Manchester City have conceded a league-low two goals from set-piece situations in the Premier League after the opening 12 matchdays of 2016-17.
Hull City v West Bromwich Albion
Saturday 26 November 2016 (15:00)
KCOM Stadium, Hull
- Hull City have yet to lose against West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League at the KCOM Stadium (W1 D2), keeping a clean sheet in the last two meetings.
- Tony Pulis has won his last three Premier League matches against Hull, all with different teams (Stoke in April 2010, Crystal Palace in January 2014 and WBA in January 2015).
- Hull City won more points in their first two Premier League games this season (six – W2 D0 L0) than they have in their 10 league matches since (four – W1 D1 L8).
- West Bromwich Albion have won their last two Premier League matches and have the chance to secure three in a row for the first time under Tony Pulis. The last time that won three successive league games was back in November 2012 under Steve Clarke (four in a row).
- Salomón Rondón has been involved in 17 Premier League goals since the start of last season (13 goals, four assists) – more than double the number of any other WBA player in this period.
- West Bromwich Albion have averaged the lowest possession figure in the Premier League so far this season (36.7%) and were the bottom team in this ranking in 2015-16 as well (39.4%).
- In their 68 Premier League matches under Tony Pulis, WBA have only had more possession than their opponents on seven occasions. In fact, their last 17 Premier League games have seen their opponents hold more possession.
- Hull City have conceded 24 goals in their last eight Premier League matches, the same tally that West Brom have conceded in their last 18 games in the competition.
- Matt Phillips has provided both a goal and an assist in each of his last two Premier League appearances for West Bromwich Albion.
- Only six players have played in all 50 Premier League games possible since the start of 2015-16 and two of these are West Bromwich Albion players (Craig Dawson and Darren Fletcher).
- Hull haven’t scored a goal before the 34th minute in the Premier League this season and are one of two sides yet to net in the opening half hour of a match in 2016-17 (along with Sunderland).
Take a look at our latest piece Premier League betting preview for Betsafe, which includes an enhanced special of: Arsenal, Manchester United and Southampton all to win at 4/1.
Leicester City v Middlesbrough
Saturday 26 November 2016 (15:00)
King Power Stadium, Leicester
- Leicester City haven’t beaten Middlesbrough in the Premier League since a 3-0 victory in November 2000, drawing two and losing three since.
- However, Middlesbrough are without a win in their last 12 league clashes with Leicester (D6 L6); their longest current winless streak against any team.
- Jamie Vardy has scored in all three of his previous starts against Middlesbrough in league competition (three goals scored).
- Claudio Ranieri is unbeaten in each of his last seven Premier League contests versus Middlesbrough (W4 D3), this after losing his first managerial meeting with them in the top-flight in December 2000.
- Leicester City have already lost twice the number of Premier League games this season (6) as they did in their 2015-16 title-winning campaign (3).
- Middlesbrough have won just one of their last 10 Premier League matches (W1 D4 L5).
- Riyad Mahrez has found Jamie Vardy with only one pass in the last seven Premier League matches that they have played together (356 mins) and has only created one goalscoring chance for the England forward all season in the competition.
- Jamie Vardy has two Premier League goals in 12 appearances this season so far. After 12 league appearances in 2015-16 he had scored 12 goals.
- Since the start of last season, Leicester City have scored four more penalties than any other Premier League side (12).
- The Foxes have conceded just four goals in their six Premier League home games this season, compared to 16 goals conceded in six away games.
- Since he scored on his Premier League debut for Middlesbrough in August, Álvaro Negredo has attempted 20 shots without scoring in his 11 appearances the competition.
Liverpool v Sunderland
Saturday 26 November 2016 (15:00)
- Liverpool have never lost a Premier League match vs Sunderland at Anfield (W7 D8). Indeed, the Reds are unbeaten in their last 18 home games in all competitions against the Black Cats (W9 D9).
- Sunderland have won just two of their last 20 games against Liverpool (D5 L13) – 1-0 in October 2009 and 1-0 in March 2012.
- James Milner has scored five Premier League goals against Sunderland; against no other PL side has he netted more (also Hull City).
- Indeed, Milner has netted against Sunderland with four different Premier League teams (Aston Villa, Newcastle, Leeds, and Manchester City); only Emile Heskey (5) has scored against Sunderland with more sides.
- Daniel Sturridge has been directly involved in five goals in his last three Premier League appearances against Sunderland (three goals, two assists).
- Jurgen Klopp hasn’t named an unchanged Premier League starting lineup since his second game in charge, going 40 games without keeping the same starting XI.
- Sunderland are looking to win three successive Premier League matches for the first time since May 2014 (four in a row).
- Sunderland have scored their last 21 successive penalties in the league (the longest run of all current teams in the PL) and haven’t failed from the spot in the league since December 2011.
- Victor Anichebe has scored three goals in his last two Premier League appearances – he has never scored in three successive PL apps, despite playing 190 times in the competition.
- Jermain Defoe has been involved in 21 of Sunderland’s 41 Premier League goals in 2016 so far (51% – 18 goals, 3 assists).
- No two players have combined to create more goalscoring chances for one another in the Premier League this season than Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho have (16).
Swansea City v Crystal Palace
Saturday 26 November 2016 (15:00)
Liberty Stadium, Swansea
- Swansea won their first Premier League match against the Eagles in September 2013 but are winless in the last five since then (D4 L1).
- Crystal Palace have scored just four goals in their last 10 league encounters with Swansea and never more than once in this run.
- Andros Townsend has had a hand in three goals in his last three league games versus Swansea (two goals, one assist). Indeed, against no side has Townsend netted more league goals than versus the Swans (2).
- Crystal Palace have averaged 0.71 points per game in league football during 2016 so far (W5 D7 L19) – lower than any other team to play in the Football League or Premier League this year.
- Palace are on a five-game losing streak in the Premier League; they haven’t lost six in a row in the competition since November 2013 (seven defeats).
- Swansea City have picked up only two points in their five Premier League games under Bob Bradley so far (W0 D2 L3).
- The Swans have won just four of their previous 20 PL games in the month of November (W4 D10 L6). They are currently on a seven-game winless streak in the month (W0 D3 L4).
- Christian Benteke has scored two goals and assisted one more in three previous Premier League appearances at the Liberty Stadium.
- Jason Puncheon has created 13 goalscoring chances for Christian Benteke in the Premier League this season; more than any other player has for a single teammate.
- Since he signed for Swansea in August 2014, Gylfi Sigurdsson has had a hand in 37 Premier League goals (21 goals, 16 assists); 23 more than any other player for the club in this period.
- Wilfried Zaha has beaten an opponent with a league-high 54 dribbles in the Premier League this season, while only Kevin De Bruyne (7) has more assists than the Palace winger (5).
Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur
Saturday 26 November 2016 (17:30)
Stamford Bridge, London
- Chelsea have won more Premier League matches against Tottenham Hotspur than versus any other opponent in the competition (25).
- Tottenham have won none of their last 29 visits to Stamford Bridge in all comps (D11 L18), since a 2-1 win in February 1990. Just six of the 23 players to appear for Spurs this season in the Premier League had been born before this victory.
- Spurs have enjoyed just four victories over Chelsea in the Premier League; fewer than against any other side they’ve played more than 10 times.
- Eden Hazard scored in this exact fixture last season in May – the goal that decided the 2015-16 Premier League title. The Belgian has netted in four of his last five PL games against the Lilywhites.
- Spurs were shown nine yellow cards in the last Premier League meeting with Chelsea – the most by a single team in a match in Premier League history.
- Harry Kane has scored three goals and provided one assist in his last three Premier League matches against Chelsea.
- Kane has netted in each of his last four Premier League games; equalling his joint-best scoring streak in the competition.
- Of players to have played in 10+ Premier League London derbies, Harry Kane has the best goals/game ratio (0.82 – 18 goals in 22 games).
- Cesc Fabregas has provided 11 Premier League assists versus Spurs; one more would equal the PL record against a single opponent (Ryan Giggs, 12 v Man City and Newcastle).
- Spurs have won more points in Premier League London derbies since the start of last season than any other side (20 points – W5 D5 L1).
- Chelsea have scored 10 90th minute goals against Spurs – the joint most by a team against an opponent in Premier League history (also Arsenal v Aston Villa).
- In their last three Premier League matches, Chelsea have only allowed their opponents two shots on target in total, while attempting 19 themselves.
Watford v Stoke City
Sunday 27 November 2016 (12:00)
Vicarage Road, Watford
- Watford have won four and lost just one of their last seven meetings with Stoke (W4 D2 L1).
- Stoke have failed to score in six of their last seven matches against Watford, although they did net twice in this exact fixture last season (2-1), courtesy of goals from Jonathan Walters and Joselu.
- The Potters have been victorious in four of their last six trips to Vicarage Road (D1 L1).
- Troy Deeney has scored in each of his two Premier League appearances against the Potters and a goal in this match would see him net in three consecutive games vs a PL opponent for the first time in his career.
- Deeney (99 goals) could become the fifth player to score 100 goals (all comps) for Watford after Luther Blissett (186), Tommy Barnett (163), Ross Jenkins (142) and Cliff Holton (105).
- Watford have handed a Premier League appearance to players of 19 different nationalities this season; a wider spread than any other team.
- Etienne Capoue has scored five goals from 18 shots in the Premier League this season (28%) – this after failing to score in his previous two Premier League seasons despite attempting 42 shots and playing 45 games.
- Stoke City have collected just one win in their last nine Premier League games away from home (W1 D3 L5).
- Both Stoke and Watford have been given a league-high seven yellow cards for dissent in the Premier League this season (alongside West Ham).
- The Hornets have conceded the most headed goals (8) and the most goals from crosses (10) in the Premier League this season.
Arsenal v Bournemouth
Sunday 27 November 2016 (14:15)
Emirates Stadium, London
- Arsenal have won all three of their previous meetings with Bournemouth in all competitions, scoring seven and conceding none.
- Mesut Ozil has had a hand in three of Arsenal’s four Premier League goals against the Cherries, scoring two and assisting one.
- Of current Premier League managers, Arsene Wenger (20 years, 58 days) and Eddie Howe (4 years, 47 days) are the two longest serving managers at their respective clubs (on the day of the game).
- When Arsene Wenger took charge of Arsenal on October 1st 1996, Eddie Howe was only 19 years old and had made just five league appearances as a player (all for Bournemouth).
- Arsenal have conceded twice as many Premier League goals at home this season (8) as they have away from home (4).
- In his last eight Premier League appearances, Olivier Giroud has attempted eight shots on target and scored with seven of these.
- Giroud has scored against 20 of the 25 different teams that he’s played against in the Premier League, but Bournemouth are one of the sides that he’s yet to score versus in the competition (0 goals, 2 apps).
- Bournemouth have hit the woodwork 13 times in the Premier League this season; six more times than any other team.
- Arsenal have averaged 163 successful passes in the final third of the pitch per game this season; more than any other side.
- The Gunners have seen their substitutes provide five goals and five assists in the Premier League this season; more than any other team.
- Arsenal are the only side in the Premier League yet to be losing at half-time in a match this season (winning six, drawing six). In fact, they haven’t been behind in a PL game at half-time since February 28th
Manchester United v West Ham United
Sunday 27 November 2016 (16:30)
Old Trafford, Manchester
- Manchester United have lost just two of their last 23 league games against West Ham at Old Trafford, winning 20 (D1).
- West Ham haven’t won at Old Trafford since their 1-0 victory in May 2007, in which Carlos Tevez found the net to help the Hammers avoid relegation. They’ve lost eight of their 10 meetings in all competitions since there.
- Jose Mourinho has won seven of his previous nine Premier League matches against West Ham (D1 L1), losing 1-2 at Upton Park to Slaven Bilic’s Hammers.
- In each of his five full Premier League seasons as a manager, Jose Mourinho’s league placing after 12 games has been his final league placing that season. Manchester United are currently sixth in 2016-17 after 12 games.
- Anthony Martial has scored with all three of his shots on target for Manchester United against West Ham in all competitions.
- Wayne Rooney has been directly involved in 14 goals in his last 13 appearances against West Ham in all competitions (11 goals, three assists), but hasn’t scored or assisted in his last three.
- Michail Antonio equalled the Premier League record for headed goals in a calendar year in his last appearance (11, joint with Tim Cahill in 2010).
- Antonio’s last six Premier League goals have all been headers, but he’s still some way off the Premier League record of consecutive headed goals set by David Wetherall (12 in a row).
- Dimitri Payet has created a league-high 43 goalscoring chances this season in the Premier League, but only four of these chances have been converted by the Hammers.
- Manchester United have attempted 203 shots in total this season in the Premier League. After 12 league games last season, United had attempted 80 shots fewer (123).
Southampton v Everton
Sunday 27 November 2016 (16:30)
St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton
- Everton won 3-0 on their last league visit to St. Mary’s; their biggest away win over Southampton since October 1987 (4-0).
- Romelu Lukaku has scored three and assisted one in four Premier League appearances at St. Mary’s, including a brace for the Everton in this exact fixture last season.
- Lukaku has scored in just four of his last 17 appearances away from Goodison Park in the Premier League, however.
- Southampton have failed to score against Everton on 13 occasions in the Premier League; only against Arsenal, Chelsea and Leeds (14) have they drawn a blank versus an opponent more often.
- After winning 13/15 possible points in their first five Premier League games of the season, Everton have won just six of a possible 21 points in their seven matches since.
- Saints have lost just one of their last 11 Premier League matches at home (W6 D4 L1).
- However, Southampton have now failed to score in their last two Premier League games at St Mary’s – they haven’t gone three league games without scoring there since February 2015.
- Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye has made a league-high 53 tackles in the top-flight this season so far.
- No player has made more open play crosses than Yannick Bolasie (74) this season in the Premier League.
- Only Chelsea (26) have allowed their opponents fewer shots on target in the Premier League this season than Southampton (30).