Pochettino could lose key midfield duo amid exit speculation

Date published: Friday 6th May 2016 4:32

Mousa Dembele

Roma director Walter Sabatini has stirred speculation after stating Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele has already agreed an exit.

Roma were a club, alongside Chelsea and Juventus, who were rumoured to be interested in the Belgian, but Sabatini has revealed that a deal for Dembele has already been done.

“[Mousa] Dembele has already been sold, and for a ridiculous price,” Sabatini told Gazzetta dello Sport.

The former AZ Alkmaar and Fulham man was recently in the headlines for all the wrong reasons as he was the subject of an alleged ‘gouging’ incident involving Diego Costa.

He could face a lengthy ban, and now discussions over his future cause further unsettlements in the player’s career.

The news comes as a contrast to what Dembele said in an interview last month, when he seemed to be fully focused on Tottenham.

“Yes, I’m very happy at the moment,” the 28-year-old told Spurs’ official site.

“As a team, we’ve performed well all season and personally, I feel good as well.

“Like I’ve already said this season, to play in this team is a pleasure and football is so much easier with these guys.  I feel good and when we’re doing well, the quality of this team comes out even more.”

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino defended his players’ conduct as they surrendered their slim title hopes in a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge.

“I think even if you play sometimes football with your friends, if you play for the honour, for the beers, or for the sandwiches, you want to win,” Pochettino said.

Meanwhile, Bournemouth are lining up an ambitious £6million move for Spurs midfielder Ryan Mason.

The 24-year-old England international has appeared 20 times for the North London club during the 2015-16 Premier League campaign.

The London Standard report that the Lilywhites are expected to reject the bid from the Cherries and ask for more money, while Bournemouth have the player high on their list of priorities as they look to strengthen ahead of another season in the top flight.

Related Articles

Your Say

Home Forums Pochettino could lose key midfield duo amid exit speculation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AKA THE RIDDLER AKA THE RIDDLER 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1000628

    Oli Fisher
    Participant

    Roma director Walter Sabatini has stirred speculation after stating Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele has already agreed an exit.

    [See the full post at: Pochettino could lose key midfield duo amid exit speculation]

    #1001123
    thekickoff
    thekickoff
    Participant

    Considering he wasn’t talking about our Dembele this is quite something. The Express had this as their article and have since withdrawn it from their site due to it being erroneous. Come on.

    #1001837

    Mattant79
    Participant

    He was talking about Ousmane Dembele who plays for Stade Rennais.

    #1002299
    AKA THE RIDDLER
    AKA THE RIDDLER
    Participant

    The problem is there are far too many players called Dembele. Only our Mousse should retain the name. The others should retire, change name by deedpoll , or face a firing squad. There is no room for confusion . This sis a serious business. The whole day can be ruined by an erroneous article.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.