Mats Hummels has blasted Borussia Dortmund for releasing a “sh*tty statement” that has been “misleading” over his future.
The 27-year centre-back has been linked with Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United, but last week Dortmund claimed the Germany international was heading for Bayern Munich in the summer.
A Dortmund statement read: “Defender Mats Hummels has told Borussia Dortmund he wants to leave the club in the summer and join league rivals Bayern Munich for next season.
“Borussia Dortmund’s board has subsequently decided to make such a transfer dependent on whether Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund can agree a satisfactory fee. So far Bayern Munich have not made an offer.
“As a precaution, it is pointed out that with Mats Hummels – as at this time with all other players from Borussia Dortmund – no exit clause has been agreed and the player is thus tied to Borussia Dortmund until June 30, 2017.”
Hummels, who has one year remaining on his contract at Dortmund, has been incensed by the statement and claims the Bundesliga champions are yet to make an offer for him.
Speaking to Dortmund fans on Wednesday, Hummels rubbished the rumours.
“This sh*tty statement has made a misleading expression,” he said. “I have no idea why they had to do it.
“Everything is possible and nothing is decided yet.”
Robert Lewandowski and Mario Gotze have moved from Dortmund to Bayern in recent years.