PSG move closer to world-record Neymar transfer after talks confirmed

Date published: Monday 31st July 2017 11:40

Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed they have held talks with Neymar and they are “very confident” of getting the Barcelona man signed up.

PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi says they are in talks with the Brazilian superstar and he believes a £196million transfer is close.

“Negotiations for Neymar are going well. I’m very confident,” he told Yahoo Sport France.

The 25-year-old Brazilian forward still has four years left on his Barca deal and starred in their 3-2 win over Real Madrid in Miami at the weekend in what could be his last game for the club.

Reports in the Middle East have claimed Neymar will undergo his PSG medical at the Aspire Academy in Qatar this week with the French giants committed to paying his huge release clause in what will be a world-record deal which will eclipse the £89million which Man Utd paid Juventus for Paul Pogba last summer.

Neymar did not return from Miami with his Barcelona team-mates, instead heading to China for a sponsorship tour, where he will stop off in Qatar to meet with Al-Khelaifi and undergo a medical.

Barca boss Ernesto Valverde brushed aside talk of Neymar leaving after last week’s friendly win over Man Utd.

“Neymar was very happy talking to his Manchester United friends outside the locker room just right now,” said Valverde. “He is still with us.”

Yesterday though the Daily Mirror reported that the Catalan giants will look to sign one of either Philippe Coutinho, Eden Hazard or Dele Alli to replace Neymar.

Neymar’s deal is almost certain to trigger a domino effect with Barcelona looking for a replacement and the selling club in turn then on the lookout for a marquee replacement.

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments