Real Madrid reveal De Gea transfer intention

Date published: Tuesday 26th January 2016 1:53

David De Gea: Staying put

David de Gea: Signed a new deal with United last year

David de Gea looks set to stay at Manchester United after Real Madrid supremo Florentino Perez said the club will not buy in January.

Real president Perez claimed the La Liga giants have no plans to enter the January transfer market despite a one-year transfer ban, which will be effective from this summer.

Perez is set to appeal the sanction which means Real and Atletico Madrid have been banned from registering new players until the summer of 2017, as they will be locked out of the next two transfer windows this summer and winter. However, both clubs may register new players during the current transfer window until it closes on Feb. 1.

That had led to speculation that Real would make another move for De Gea having failed to sign the goalkeeper in the summer because of a problem with the paperwork.

De Gea’s £29million move to the Bernabeu looked set to be completed before it collapsed on 1 September, 2015 because the necessary paperwork was not submitted in time.

But reports that Perez will sanction another move for the 25-year-old, who recently revealed his happiness at Old Trafford, this month appear to be wide of the mark.

“The Fifa sanction is hurtful. It is a very serious matter to smear Real Madrid’s reputation in this way,” said Perez.

“We are convinced that it is all a mistake; it is ridiculous to think that Real Madrid will be punished for a matter concerning the protection of minors when the children have always been a priority for us.

“We are not going to be making any signings in the January window but that doesn’t have anything to do with the ban, it is because we have the best players and the best coach.”

Related Articles

Your Say