Real Madrid win £38m race for ‘new Neymar’ – report

Date published: Tuesday 9th May 2017 1:43

Real Madrid have reportedly beaten Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Juventus and Barcelona to the signing of the ‘new Neymar’.

Flamengo starlet Vinicius Junior is heading to the Bernabeu for £38million, according to a report in Brazil.

The Premier League quartet were all believed to be tracking the 16-year-old, who has somewhat predictably being labelled the ‘new Neymar’.

Now though, according to Globo Esporte, the race is over and the teenager will join Real Madrid when he turns 18.

The youngster, who is under contract until 2019, will be 18 in July 2018 and is then expected to move to the La Liga giants and follow a long list of Brazilians who have played for Real including current full-back Marcelo and Robinho.

The forward starred for his country’s Under-17 side and he finished as the best player and top scorer at the Under-17 South American Championship back in March. He has scored 19 goals in 22 appearances for Brazil’s Under-17s.

He has yet to make his senior debut for Flamengo, but he is understood to have told a Brazilian reporter at a Rio de Janeiro hospital, where a medical reportedly took place, that he was happy Flamengo had won the Campeonato Carioca, and was looking forward to taking part in the 2017 Campeonato Brasileiro.

“I’m still happy about yesterday’s title and I woke up early to do some tests,” said Vinicius. “I’m really excited to be going professional and to be playing in the Brasileirao.”

Barcelona had previously failed with an offer of £21millon for Vinicius and reportedly refused to go any higher with their bid.

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments