Rebrov in dark over Yarmolenko to Stoke

Date published: Sunday 19th July 2015 10:54

Disturbances: Ugly scenes at London Stadium

It was reported in Ukraine last week that Stoke had made a 20million euros bid for Yarmolenko having failed with moves for his international team-mate Yevhen Konoplyanka and Inter Milan’s Xherdan Shaqiri.

It was claimed that Stoke had already met with Dynamo officials to discuss the terms of the transfer, but Rebrov claims to know nothing of Stoke’s interest.

“I know nothing about this proposal, but I told him that if he goes, it should be to a team that is fighting for the Champions League,” Rebrov said on Sunday.

Stoke boss Mark Hughes neither confirmed nor denied Konoplyanka was a target when asked on Saturday, although he did admit he was the quality of player the club hopes to make their final signing of the summer transfer window.

“We’ve missed out on a couple of players,” Hughes said. “We couldn’t get them over the line.

“We’re still hopeful we can get a player of top, top quality. If we can do that then we will probably be done for the window.

“Would that be Yarmolenko? A player of his type, yes.

“He’s the level of player we hope to bring in if we can.

“There’s a lot of speculation. We’ve had conversations with a lot of people that have connections with good players and those conversations have taken place probably since the New Year.”

Related Articles

Your Say


Leave a Reply