Revealed: Tottenham pair who let down Pochettino

Date published: Friday 20th May 2016 2:56

Son and Mason: Could be sold

Son Heung-min and Ryan Mason: Could be sold

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino was so upset with the performances of Son Heung-min and Ryan Mason against Newcastle that he will put the pair up for sale.

The Telegraph reports that Son “could become the highest-profile casualty”of last Sunday’s debacle at St James’ Park, where Tottenham – chasing second spot – were thumped 5-1.

The £22million recruit from Bayer Leverkusen was hauled off at half-time on Tyneside in a performance “that left some of his team-mates enraged”, while midfielder Mason, 24, was also removed at the break and he is also looks set for the chop after making just eight Premier League starts this season.

Pochettino was left seething after Sunday’s mauling and described the result as his worst day in management, whilst also hinting his mind had been made up on just which players he would show the door to this summer

“The worst is that we showed that on the pitch they didn’t care about the position in the table,” said Pochettino. “This is what has upset me.”

It’s believed that Son, 23, and Mason will now be put up for sale, while the Spurs chief will also listen to offers for Nabil Bentaleb.

Pochettino

Spurs will look to recoup the £22million they paid for Son last August, but after an unspectacular first seaosn in the Premier League they may not find any suitors for the South Korea star, who made 13 Premier League starts, scoring four times.

Chairman Daniel Levy, who was said to have been “humiliated” by the Newcastle defeat will look for fees of £10million each for academy product Mason and 21-year-old Bentaleb, who started just two Premier League games.

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323