Ronaldo to consider next move in two years

Date published: Monday 8th February 2016 4:49

Cristiano Ronaldo: Fails to make European Team of the Season

Cristiano Ronaldo: Fails to make European Team of the Season

Cristiano Ronaldo has said he wants to see out his final two years at Real Madrid in the “best league in the world” before deciding where his next step lies.

Ronaldo’s current deal with Madrid runs out in June 2018 and there has been plenty of speculation about where his future might take him, and even if he will call time on his Bernabeu stay early.

However, the former Manchester United forward – who turned 31 last week – has reiterated his desire to finish his contract with Madrid before then looking at what options are available.

He said at a Marca awards ceremony on Monday where he received the Pichichi Trophy for finishing as the top scorer in La Liga last season: “I want to stay here for two more years, and then we’ll see about the future. That’s the contract that I’ve got.

“Now what I have to do is try to win trophies and the Champions League once again.”

The Portugal international added of his time at Madrid: “I’ve spent seven years in Spain and for me La Liga is the best in the world.

“I also spent six years in England, in Manchester, and this league is wonderful, very competitive, with great players and, for me, it’s a privilege to be here and to leave my mark, which has been very good.”

Ronaldo scored 48 goals last season to win the Pichichi Trophy for the third time in his career.

Related Articles

Your Say