Samp coach fuels Balotelli speculation

Date published: Monday 29th June 2015 11:59

Cristiano Ronaldo: Reacts during Real's 1-1 draw at Barca

Liverpool are expected to announce Southampton right-back Nathaniel Clyne as their sixth signing of the summer in the next 24 hours, and Balotelli is among the players they are willing to offload as they continue to pursue Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke.

Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero said last month that the club would “open our doors” for Balotelli if he fancied a move back to Serie A, and Zenga has now admitted he too is a fan of the 24-year-old.

He told Rai Sport: “Pazzini, Cassano and Balotelli? They’re all quality players. There are many issues to consider that sometimes escape the people, though. We’ll see, the market is open until September.”

As well as Balotelli, Liverpool are said to be open to offers for Lucas, Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini, who is reportedly on the verge of a move to West Ham.

There is speculation in Italy, meanwhile, that the Reds have identified Fiorentina striker Mario Gomez as a possible alternative to Benteke, with Carlos Bacca set for AC Milan.

Related Articles

Your Say

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *