Manchester United’s incredible record against Middlesbrough will be put to the test again, while Liverpool will be looking to extend their hoodoo over Man City.
West Brom v Arsenal
Saturday 18 March 2017 (12:30) – The Hawthorns, West Bromwich
- Tony Pulis has won only one of his last nine Premier League matches against Arsenal (D2 L6), although it came in this exact fixture last season at the Hawthorns (2-1).
- Pulis has only lost one of his six previous Premier League home games against Arsenal and Arsene Wenger (W3 D2 L1) and is unbeaten in the last four.
- Arsenal have scored in all 21 of their Premier League meetings with West Bromwich Albion; their best such 100% record in the competition.
- The Gunners have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League games against West Brom, winning nine (D2 L1).
- All three of Olivier Giroud’s Premier League goals versus the Baggies have been headers; with two of those proving to be match-winning strikes (Boxing Day 2016 & May 2014).
- James Morrison has found the back of the net in two of his last three Premier League games against Arsenal at the Hawthorns.
- West Bromwich Albion have currently suffered 599 home defeats in their league history – only Notts County (633) have lost more since 1888.
- Arsenal have lost three of their last four Premier League matches (W1 D0 L3); the same number of defeats as they had suffered in their previous 32 matches in the competition.
- Alexis Sanchez has been involved in 26 Premier League goals this season (17 goals, nine assists) – more than any other player in the competition.
- Since Tony Pulis took charge of WBA in January 2015, the Baggies have scored a higher proportion of goals from set-pieces (47.8% – 43/90) than any other team in the Premier League.
Everton v Hull City
Saturday 18 March 2017 (15:00) – Goodison Park, Liverpool
- After winning three consecutive Premier League games against the Tigers, Everton are winless in their last three (D2 L1).
- Hull haven’t beaten Everton at Goodison Park since August 1952 (2-0), losing five of the six clashes since.
- No current Hull City player has scored more than one Premier League goal on the road this season (five players with one goal).
- Romelu Lukaku is the only current Everton player to score more than once versus Hull City in the Premier League, netting against them in May and December 2014.
- The Belgian is currently on 79 goals in the Premier League and won’t be 24 years old until May. Only three players have reached 80 goals before their 24th birthday – Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney and Robbie Fowler.
- Lukaku is on 19 Premier League goals this season and could be the first Everton player to reach 20 league goals in a single season since Gary Lineker in 1985-86 (30 goals).
- Since Marco Silva’s appointment as manager, Hull City have won 11 points from eight matches in the Premier League. 10 of these points have come at home (W3 D1 L0) and just one has been won away (W0 D1 L3).
- Hull City have already conceded 10 goals from the penalty spot this season in the Premier League – more than any other club in a single Premier League campaign.
- Ross Barkley has already created more goalscoring chances this season (64) in the Premier League than any previous league season and seven more than he did in 2015-16 (57 in 38 games).
- Hull City have conceded a league-high 69% of their goals in the second half of matches this season in the Premier League (37/54).
Stoke City v Chelsea
Saturday 18 March 2017 (15:00) – bet365 Stadium, Stoke
- Stoke City have won only two of their 17 Premier League meetings with Chelsea (D3 L12), with both victories arriving at the Bet365 Stadium.
- Chelsea have recorded just two wins in their last seven visits to Stoke in all competitions (D3 L2) – 2-0 in December 2014 and 4-0 in January 2013.
- Cesc Fabregas has assisted seven goals in eight Premier League starts against Stoke, with the Spaniard also netting two in the process.
- Indeed, only against Spurs (11) has Fabregas provided more assists in the Premier League than versus Stoke (7).
- Willian notched his first ever Premier League brace in the reverse fixture, equalling his goal tally for last season in the competition (5). However, the Brazilian has failed to score in eight league appearances since that game.
- Diego Costa’s next Premier League goal will be his 50th in the competition and would be the 7th Chelsea player to reach that milestone for the club.
- If Costa does score in this game, he will have reached 50 goals in 80 Premier League appearances. The only players to do this in fewer games were Andrew Cole (65), Alan Shearer (66), Ruud van Nistelrooy (68) and Fernando Torres (72).
- Chelsea have used the fewest players (21) and made the fewest changes to their starting XI overall (24) this season in the Premier League.
- Antonio Conte has used every substitution possible in the Premier League this season (81/81). The only side in Premier League history to have done this in a whole 38-game season were Manchester City in 2014-15 (114/114).
- This will be the 13th occasion that Stoke have played against a team placed top of the Premier League on the day of the game. Of the previous 12, they have won just once – versus Manchester City in December 2015 (W1 D2 L9).
Sunderland v Burnley
Saturday 18 March 2017 (15:00) – Stadium of Light, Sunderland
- Sunderland and Burnley meet for the fourth time in all competitions this season; the first time they’ve met four times in a campaign since 1978/79.
- Indeed, Burnley have yet to lose to Sunderland in their three meetings this season, winning two and drawing the other.
- The Black Cats have won five and lost none of their last eight home games against Burnley in all competitions. In fact, Burnley’s last win away at Sunderland arrived in the aforementioned 1978/79 season.
- Jermain Defoe has scored in his last two Premier League appearances against Burnley.
- Defoe has scored in every month of Premier League action between January 2016 and February 2017 (12 successive months) but is yet to score in March 2017.
- Andre Gray is the only Burnley player to score a hat-trick in Premier League history; after he bagged three against Sunderland earlier this season.
- Burnley have only ever won one Premier League game in the month of March (P10 W1 D1 L8) and have a worse points per game ratio in this month than any other side in the history of the competition (0.40).
- Burnley have the worst away record in the Premier League this season; winning just two points from 42 available (W0 D2 L12).
- The lowest points tally collected away from home in a single Premier League season is three; set by Derby County in 2007-08. Burnley have five away games remaining this season – including this match.
- Sunderland have allowed their opponents 99 shots on target more (176) than they have attempted themselves (77) this season in the Premier League; the biggest differential in the league.
West Ham v Leicester City
Saturday 18 March 2017 (15:00) – London Stadium, London
- West Ham United have lost as many games against Leicester in their last five (4), as they did in the previous 25 combined (all comps).
- Leicester are unbeaten in five matches in all competitions against West Ham, winning four and drawing one.
- The Foxes have kept just one clean sheet in their last 21 away matches against West Ham (1-0 in August 2000), with Tim Flowers in goal for Leicester City that day.
- Leicester City midfielder Andy King has scored in two of his last three matches against West Ham in all competitions.
- Leicester City are two goals away from netting their 500th Premier League goal (498 currently).
- Andy Carroll (49 goals) is one goal away from 50 Premier League goals, with 29 of his goals so far coming in a West Ham United shirt.
- Since his debut in September 2012, Andy Carroll has appeared in just 94 of West Ham’s 178 Premier League matches (53%) and played just 40% of possible minutes (6472).
- Leicester City have won all seven Premier League matches that they have been leading this season and are the only side yet to drop a point from a winning position.
- However, Leicester haven’t scored the first goal in any of their 13 Premier League away games this season – the only side not to do this.
- Craig Shakespeare has won both of his Premier League games in charge of Leicester City so far – no previous Leicester boss has won their opening three Premier League games in charge of the club.
Bournemouth v Swansea City
Saturday 18 March 2017 (17:30) – Vitality Stadium, Bournemouth
- Bournemouth have scored two or more goals in six of their last seven games against Swansea City.
- Swansea have won three of their last six away trips to Bournemouth in all competitions (D1 L2), but did lose this fixture last term 2-3.
- Josh King has scored three goals in three Premier League appearances against the Swans for Bournemouth.
- King has now scored nine goals in his last 10 Premier League appearances for Bournemouth; more than he’d scored in his previous 48 games in the competition (8).
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has assisted the most goals (11) and has covered more ground (318.2km) than any other player in the Premier League this season.
- Swansea City have attempted 313 shots in the Premier League this season and Gylfi Sigurdsson has either attempted (87) or created the chance for (61) 47% of these (148).
- Before Paul Clement was named Swansea City manager, the Swans had scored with 9.6% of their shots in the Premier League this season but this has improved to 16.1% since his arrival at the club.
- Bournemouth won their last Premier League game – 3-2 versus West Ham United. They haven’t won back to back Premier League matches for a year (March 12th 2016).
- Artur Boruc has conceded eight goals from outside the box this season in the Premier League; two more than any other goalkeeper.
- Bournemouth have dropped 18 points from winning positions this season in the Premier League; more than any other side. They have won eight, drawn three and lost four of the 15 league games they have held a lead in.
Middlesbrough v Manchester United
Sunday 19 March 2017 (12:00) – Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough are winless in their last 12 meetings with Man Utd in all competitions (D5 L7), although did progress via penalties in their League Cup clash in October 2015.
- The Red Devils have scored in each of their last 14 away league games against Middlesbrough; their longest active streak against a single opponent.
- United have won four of their last six Premier League trips to the Riverside (D1 L1).
- Wayne Rooney has been directly involved in six goals in his last five Premier League games against Middlesbrough (two goals, four assists).
- After losing successive Premier League games against promoted sides in December 2015 (vs Bournemouth and Norwich), Man Utd are unbeaten in their last seven (W5 D2), keeping five clean sheets.
- Manchester United’s next win will be their 600th in the Premier League, becoming the first side to reach that landmark.
- Middlesbrough’s next loss in the Premier League will be their 1000th defeat in the English top-flight and they would become the 14th team to do so.
- This game will see the team who averages the fewest shots on target (Middlesbrough – 2.4 per game) face the team who attempts the most per game (Manchester United – 6.3 per game).
- Manchester United are currently on the longest unbeaten run in the Premier League (17 games), while opponents Middlesbrough are on the longest current winless run in the competition (10 games).
- United will be missing the suspended Zlatan Ibrahimovic for this match. The Swede has 15 goals in the Premier League this season; nine more than any other player for the club (Juan Mata – six goals).
- Ibrahimovic has attempted nearly a quarter of Manchester United’s shots in the Premier League this season (109 – 24.3%).
Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton
Sunday 19 March 2017 (14:15) – White Hart Lane, London
- Mauricio Pochettino has lost just one of his five Premier League games against his former team Southampton (W3 D1 L1), although it came in the last meeting at White Hart Lane in May 2016.
- Southampton have kept only one clean sheet in their last 25 away league games against Spurs (0-0, Jan 2001), with Paul Jones in goal for Saints that day.
- Dele Alli has scored three and assisted one more in two Premier League apps versus Southampton.
- Christian Eriksen has netted three goals in three Premier League games against Southampton at White Hart Lane.
- Manolo Gabbiadini has found the back of the net in each of his last seven competitive appearances, including all four games for Southampton and in the three prior to his move for Italian side Napoli (nine goals in total).
- Gabbiadini could become the third player in Premier League history to score in each of his first four appearances in the competition alongside Mick Quinn and Diego Costa.
- Southampton have won their last two Premier League games, netting four goals in each clash. They’ve not won three in a row since a four-game streak in May 2016, with a victory over Spurs the third win in this run.
- Saints last scored four goals in three consecutive league games back in December 1980; a run that also included a 4-4 draw against Spurs at White Hart Lane.
- Spurs are unbeaten in their first 14 home top-flight league games of a season for the first time since 1964/65.
- Spurs midfielder Christian Eriksen has created the most goalscoring chances this season (78), with 10 of these assisting goals for the north London club.
- Spurs have played 12 games this season in all competitions without Harry Kane – nine of which have come against top-flight opposition. In those nine games, they have managed to score just eight goals and have won just three (W3 D4 L2).
Manchester City v Liverpool
Sunday 19 March 2017 (16:30) – Etihad Stadium, Manchester
- Manchester City have lost five of their last six Premier League meetings with Liverpool (W1).
- Indeed, Liverpool have won four consecutive league games against Man City for the first time since 1981 (a run of seven).
- Manchester City have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last 12 games in all competitions against Liverpool, shipping 23 in the process (W2 D4 L6).
- Man City’s next Premier League home win will be their 200th in the competition, becoming the 8th team to reach this milestone. 158 of those 199 wins have come at the Etihad, 41 at Maine Road.
- Philippe Coutinho has scored more Premier League goals versus Manchester City than against any other team (4) in the competition.
- Sadio Mane has had a hand in four goals in his last three Premier League appearances against the Citizens (three goals, one assist), including a hat-trick for Southampton in May 2016.
- Sergio Aguero has found the back of the net in all four of his Premier League games versus Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium (four goals).
- Aguero has scored 10+ goals in all six of his Premier League seasons. No player has scored 10+ goals in every season they have played in as often as the Argentine – the next highest is Eric Cantona, who scored 10+ goals in all five of his Premier League seasons as a player.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their nine games against sides currently in the top six of the Premier League table this season (W5 D4 L0).
- These two sides have averaged the most distance run in the Premier League this season: Liverpool (117.3km per game) and Manchester City (114.8km per game).
- Jurgen Klopp has won five times against Pep Guardiola in all competitions (including one penalty shootout victory) – this is more than any other manager has collected against the Spaniard.