Sessegnon snubs Liverpool and Spurs to sign new Fulham deal

Date published: Wednesday 28th June 2017 5:04

Ryan Sessegnon: In demand

Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon has signed a new three-year deal with the Sky Bet Championship club.

Sessegnon, 17, had been linked with Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham after earning rave reviews last season.

“The club is delighted to announce that Ryan Sessegnon has signed his first professional contract with Fulham,” the Cottagers said on their official website.

“Having been eligible to sign a pro deal after turning 17 in May, Sessegnon has now committed his future to the club until at least June 2020.”

Sessegnon, named in the England Under-19s squad for their European Championship campaign in Georgia, can operate in midfield or at left-back and has made rapid progress since joining the club in 2008.

The left-sided player made his first-team debut in the EFL Cup win at Leyton Orient in August and went on to make a total of 30 first-team appearances in his debut season, scoring seven goals.

“Ryan joined our first-team squad early during pre-season last summer,” said Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic.

“One year on, I’m pleased that Ryan’s performances have been rewarded with his first professional contract with Fulham and he will continue to be part of our project in the future.

“He is an exceptional young player who has demonstrated loyalty and commitment by continuing to serve this club since his progression from the academy.”

Sessegnon’s twin brother Steven has also signed a three-year deal at Fulham,

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments