Chelsea have lost only one of seven Premier League games at St Mary’s going into Saturday’s latest encounter with Southampton.
Southampton remain without Victor Wanyama, who is serving the second match of a five-game suspension, and also Florin Gardos and Jay Rodriguez, who have returned to training but need to build up their fitness.
Chelsea could welcome back John Terry from a hamstring injury, but January loan signing Alexandre Pato is unlikely to be fit enough to make his debut.
- Chelsea have won four and lost just one of their seven Premier League trips to St Mary’s.
- Southampton have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 11 Premier League games against Chelsea.
- There have been four goals netted inside the first 20 minutes in the last three Premier League meetings between Chelsea and Southampton.
- However, Southampton have gone nine hours and 14 minutes since they last conceded a Premier League goal.
- Ronald Koeman has the best win percentage of any Southampton manager in Premier League history (45.3%).
- Southampton have scored the most headed goals in the Premier League this season (11).
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 10 Premier League matches (W4 D6).
- Diego Costa has scored seven goals in his last eight Premier League appearances.
- Guus Hiddink has lost just one of 22 Premier League matches as boss of Chelsea (W14 D7 L1).
- Hiddink lost just two of the nine Eredivisie games against the Koeman brothers (W3 D1 L1 vs Ronald, W2 D1 L1 vs Erwin).