Southampton have won only one of their last nine Premier League games against Manchester City going into Sunday’s latest encounter at St Mary’s.
Southampton have no fresh injury concerns ahead of the game, giving Ronald Koeman plenty of options.
Charlie Austin has recovered from his knee injury and is available, while Florin Gardos has finally recovered from his long-term knee problem, though he is unlikely to be considered for selection.
Manchester City will be without David Silva for the next two to three weeks with the hamstring injury suffered in the midweek Champions League clash with Real Madrid.
Samir Nasri has recovered from a muscle problem and will be in the squad at St Mary’s, but Yaya Toure will not feature despite returning to training after a thigh injury.
Kick-off at St Mary’s on Sunday is at 4.30pm.
- Southampton have won just one of their last nine Premier League games against Manchester City (W1 D2 L6).
- Raheem Sterling has had a hand in five goals in his last four Premier League matches against Southampton (three goals, two assists).
- Joe Hart could make his 300th Premier League appearance in this match and would be the sixth English goalkeeper to reach this landmark in the competition.
- Sergio Aguero has scored in each of his last five Premier League appearances but has never scored in six in a row in the competition.
- City have conceded a goal every 78 minutes without Vincent Kompany on the pitch this season, compared to a goal conceded every 180 minutes when he has been on the pitch (incl. injury time).
- Kevin De Bruyne has created the most goalscoring chances for City this season in the Premier League (71) despite appearing in only 23 of their 35 games.
- Southampton have fired in the most open play crosses in the Premier League this season (654) and have scored the most headed goals (14).
- Virgil van Dijk has won 74% of his 206 aerial duels in the Premier League this season, the highest ratio of any player to have been involved in 100+ aerials.
- This is now Shane Long’s best goalscoring season in the Premier League (9 goals) and the Irish striker has had a hand in eight goals in his last eight league appearances (four goals, four assists).
- Sadio Mane has scored four goals in his last five Premier League games for Southampton, this after a run of 19 league apps without scoring.