Tottenham target Vincent Janssen has admitted his frustration at being denied a £15million move from AZ Alkmaar.
Sky Sports stated last month that the 22-year-old had held talks with Spurs in London ahead of a potential transfer, with the north London club preferred over Wolfsburg, who are also interested.
However, progress on the move appears to have stalled as AZ Alkmaar continue to play hard-ball in negotiating a fee with Spurs for the player.
“I have expressed my choice to the club,” Janssen said on Thursday.
“Tottenham Hotspur have made a high bid in my eyes. There has been an offer around €18m (£14.87m), but AZ will not even come to the table.
“I would like somewhere else as soon as possible to start my preparation. This is frustrating.”
Spurs have been linked with a move for young Roma striker Antonio Sanabria, possibly as an alternative to Janssen due to their frustration with the Dutch club.
Sanabria’s agent Raul Verdu said the following on the rumours: “The rumours regarding Tottenham? I can only speak in general terms, but there was some contact.
“We will have to reconvene with Roma again, but right now, Antonio Sanabria is still a member of the Giallorossi.
“I’ll have to talk with Walter Sabatini (Roma’s Director of Football) to decide on whether a potential transfer is possible.
“Though at the moment, there is still nothing concrete regarding Sanabria’s future, but we’ll see if there’s any news next week.”