Deadly Swansea make it a day to forget for Liverpool as Claudio Bravo continues to pick the ball from out his net at Manchester City.It’s the best stats from Saturday’s games, courtesy of Opta.
Liverpool 2-3 Swansea
- Liverpool’s unbeaten Premier League run at Anfield has ended after 17 matches (W11 D6).
- Swansea won an away league game at Liverpool for the first time in their history – they had previously failed to win on 15 visits.
- Swansea scored with all three of their shots on target in this game.
- Roberto Firmino has scored three goals in his last two Premier League games v Swansea.
- James Milner has been involved in four goals in his last four Premier League games v Swansea (three goals, one assist).
- Fernando Llorente has scored his first two away goals in the Premier League – his previous six were all at home. It was also Llorente’s third Premier League brace of the campaign.
- Liverpool have conceded three goals at Anfield in a league game for only the second time under Jurgen Klopp (also Arsenal in Jan 2016).
- Liverpool are the first PL team score 50 goals this season, while Swansea are the first to concede 50 (both now on 51).
- Swansea have won back-to-back away league games in the same season for the first time since May 2015.
Bournemouth 2-2 Watford
- All four of the Premier League meetings between these sides have ended level (0-0, 1-1, 2-2 and 2-2).
- Benik Afobe has netted two goals in his last three PL appearances for Bournemouth; as many as in 25 outings beforehand.
- The Cherries have conceded at least twice in five of their last six home league games (13 in total).
- Josh King (10) is the second Bournemouth player to reach double figures for goals in the Premier League (after Callum Wilson, 11).
- Despite that, it was the first time King had scored a league goal at the Vitality Stadium since April (v Liverpool).
- Five of Watford’s last six league goals away from home have been scored by defenders (Kabasele x2, Holebas x2 and Janmaat).
- Adam Smith has provided four assists in the Premier League this season; only Kyle Walker (5) has provided more among defenders.
- Tom Cleverley registered his first Premier League assist for Watford, while his last one also came against Bournemouth (for Everton last April).
Crystal Palace 0-1 Everton
- Sam Allardyce has suffered four consecutive Premier League defeats for the first time since December 2015 (a run of five with Sunderland).
- Everton haven’t lost to Palace at Selhurst Park in the league since October 1994, winning four and drawing two since.
- The Eagles have now lost three of their last four home league games to a goal scored in the 87th minute or later.
- The Toffees, meanwhile, have won three consecutive Premier League games without conceding for the first time since January 2010 (under David Moyes).
- No defender has scored more goals (excluding pens) than Seamus Coleman in the Premier League this season (4 – level with Gareth McAuley).
- Tom Davies has been directly involved in three goals in his last three league games for Everton (one goal, two assists).
- Indeed, Everton have won six of the eight Premier League games Tom Davies has played this season (D1 L1).
- Crystal Palace’s first shot on target in the game arrived in the 79th minute.
Middlesbrough 1-3 West Ham United
- Andy Carroll has scored in successive Premier League games for the first time since April 2016.
- This was the first time Carroll had scored more than once in a Premier League away game.
- 23 of Carroll’s 48 Premier League goals have been from headers (48%).
- Cristhian Stuani scored his first Premier League goal since October, which was also against West Ham. Two of his four Premier League goals have been against the Hammers.
- Calum Chambers provided his first Premier League assist since November 2014 (for Arsenal v Burnley).
- West Ham have won five of their last seven Premier League fixtures, as many as they had in their last 19.
- Boro have won only one of their last eight Premier League matches (D2 L5).
- Manuel Lanzini assisted two goals for the first time in a Premier League game.
Stoke City 1-1 Manchester United
- Wayne Rooney is now outright Manchester United’s all-time leading goal scorer (250), moving one ahead of Sir Bobby Charlton.
- Rooney is also now the leading all-time Premier League goal scorer for away goals (88).
- It was only Rooney’s second Premier League goal of the season, netting on opening day against Bournemouth.
- Of his 250 Manchester United goals, this was the 11th that had come in the 90th minute or after and the sixth scored from a direct free-kick.
- Manchester United’s unbeaten run in all competitions has been extended to 17 games (W12 D5).
- Three of Manchester United’s last seven Premier League own goals have been against Stoke.
- The Potters had just one shot on target in this match (Xherdan Shaqiri in 65th minute).
- Stoke have lost just one of their last nine Premier League home games (W4 D4).
West Bromwich Albion 2-0 Sunderland
- West Brom have won five of their last six home Premier League games (L1) having won just one of the nine before that.
- The Black Cats have lost five consecutive away Premier League games for the first time since November 2013.
- David Moyes has lost five consecutive away Premier League games as manager for the first time since May 2005 when he was manager of Everton.
- All four of Darren Fletcher’s Premier League goals for West Brom have come at the Hawthorns.
- Chris Brunt has scored twice in his last three Premier League games, as many as he’d scored in the 47 before that.
- Brunt has had a hand in six goals in his last five home Premier League games (three goals, three assists).
- Sunderland have conceded in the first half in each of their last five Premier League matches, including five goals in the last two combined having conceded three times against Stoke in their previous game.
- Jack Rodwell has now started 36 Premier League games for Sunderland without ending up on the winning side, extending the Premier League record.
Manchester City 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur
- Manchester City failed to win a Premier League game they were two or more goals ahead in for the first time since December 2014 against Burnley.
- Leroy Sane has scored in back to back Premier League games for the first time.
- Six of Son Heung-Min’s seven Premier League goals this season have been scored away from home.
- Son has scored in each of his last two away Premier League substitute appearances.
- Claudio Bravo has conceded from 16 of the last 24 shots on target he has faced in the Premier League, including each of the last six.
- Hugo Lloris has conceded 13 goals in his last four Premier League appearances at the Etihad.
- Dele Alli has scored more Premier League goals this season (11 in 21 games) than he had in the whole of last season (10 in 33).
- Hugo Lloris made two errors leading to goals in the match – the first goalkeeper to do so in a Premier League match since Joel Robles in May 2016.
- Gabriel Jesus is the 10th Brazilian to play for Man City in the Premier League – only Chelsea have seen more (12).