Stoke chief confirms transfer negotiations

Date published: Monday 20th July 2015 11:37

Stoke have already signed six players – goalkeepers Shay Given and Jakob Haugaard, defenders Glen Johnson and Philipp Wollscheid, midfielder Marco van Ginkel and striker Joselu – so far this summer, but Mark Hughes wants to complete his business for the summer with a marquee deal.

The Potters failed with moves for Yevhen Konoplyanka and Xherdan Shaqiri but are now hoping to break their transfer record to sign Yarmolenko from Dynamo Kiev, with reports in Ukraine claiming they have already made a 20million euros offer.

Dynamo manager Sergei Rebrov on Sunday claimed he had heard nothing of Stoke’s interest in Yarmolenko, but the 25-year-old is said to be one of several high-profile players the Premier League club are keen on.

Scholes did not follow Hughes in namechecking Yarmolenko but confirmed transfer talks have taken place over the last week despite him making the trip to Singapore for the Barclays Asia Trophy, in which Stoke finished third.

“I have been able to keep up (transfer negotiations) while we have been in Singapore,” Scholes told The Sentinel.

“There’s a big time gap so there have been some pretty interesting early morning phone calls.

“There are one or two things that we have been having conversations on, but as ever we will see what develops.”

Related Articles

Your Say


Leave a Reply