Stoke have had less touches in the opposition box than any other Premier League team – and only 34 times more than Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson.
Ibrahim Afellay and Charlie Adam are available for Stoke City after serving suspensions, while Mame Diouf is expected to return from hamstring injury.
Peter Crouch staked his claim for the striker’s position in Diouf’s absence with the only goal in the Potters’ Capital One Cup at Fulham in midweek, but Jonathan Walters is likely to retain his place after scoring in last weekend’s draw against Leicester City.
Bournemouth, like Stoke, will recall a host of stars rested in midweek, but Eddie Howe remains without injured quartet Tommy Elphick, Harry Arter, Tyrone Mings and Max Gradel.
- Stoke have won only three points from their six Premier League games so far, making this their worst start to a season since promotion.
- Prior to 2015-16, only 25 teams have failed to win any of their opening seven Premier League games in a season – 52% of them have been relegated (13/25).
- Stoke have had a Premier League-low 79 touches in the opposition box this season after six games.
- Bournemouth forward Callum Wilson has touched the ball in the opposition box on 45 occasions this season; only Alexis Sanchez (46) has more.
- Chelsea (40) are the only side to have allowed their opponents more shots on target than Stoke (39) in the Premier League so far this season.
- Only Manchester City (11) and Southampton (13) have allowed their opponents fewer shots on target than Bournemouth (17) in the Premier League after the opening six matchdays of 2015-16.
- Bournemouth have covered more ground than any other Premier League team after six matches so far this season (697km).
- The Cherries have conceded a joint-high five goals from set-piece situations in the Premier League this season (along with Sunderland).
- Eleven of Jonathan Walters’ thirteen Premier League goals since the start of 2014 have come at the Britannia Stadium.
- Callum Wilson has scored five goals in the Premier League this season, despite only attempting eight shots (excluding blocked).