Stoke City will hope to continue their recent good form at the Britannia Stadium in Saturday’s Premier League clash with out-of-form Southampton.
Stoke captain Ryan Shawcross returned to training this week and could start for the first time since January following a back injury.
Glen Johnson, Phil Bardsley and Marc Wilson remain sidelined, but Glenn Whelan is in line to make his 300th appearance for the club.
Southampton skipper Jose Fonte serves a one-match ban following his red card in last weekend’s 1-1 draw against Sunderland.
Victor Wanyama completes his five-game ban, and Charlie Austin is also out with a hamstring problem, but fellow striker Shane Long is set to return after a knee injury.
- Stoke have lost just one of their last six Premier League games at the Britannia Stadium (W4 D1 L1).
- Southampton, meanwhile, have won just two of their last eight Premier League away matches (W2 D1 L5).
- Ronald Koeman’s side have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four Premier League away games but lost their last road trip 2-0 to Bournemouth.
- Saints have scored just six goals in their last 10 Premier League away games.
- Stoke winger Marko Arnautovic has scored six and assisted one more goal in his last nine Premier League appearances at the Britannia Stadium.
- Without Arnautovic’s nine Premier League goals this season, Stoke would be 12 points worse off.
- Jack Butland has been forced in to making more saves than any other Premier League goalkeeper this season (98).
- Of goalkeepers to have played more than once in the Premier League this season, Fraser Forster has the best saves to shots ratio (81.5%).
- Southampton have scored a league-high 11 goals from headers this season.
- Southampton have been given more red cards than any other Premier League team this season (5).