Arsenal are unbeaten in 12 Premier League games against Sunderland going into Sunday’s latest clash at the Stadium of Light.
Sunderland defender DeAndre Yedlin sat out training on Friday with an ankle problem, but Sam Allardyce is keeping his fingers crossed he will be able to continue at right-back.
Jack Rodwell will return from illness, but fellow midfielder Jeremain Lens is a doubt after going down with a virus.
Arsenal, meanwhile, have no fresh injury concerns and could include Jack Wilshere in their squad for the first time this season after the midfielder recovered from a broken fibula.
Santi Cazorla and Tomas Rosicky are back in training but are not expected to feature, while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain remains sidelined with a knee injury.
Kick-off at the Stadium of Light on Sunday is at 2.05pm.
- Sunderland have won none of their last 12 Premier League matches against Arsenal (L8 D4).
- The Gunners are unbeaten in their last five Premier League trips to the Stadium of Light, winning the last four in a row.
- Olivier Giroud made his Premier League debut against Sunderland and has scored four goals in his last four appearances against them.
- Aaron Ramsey has scored three goals in his last four Premier League appearances against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.
- The Black Cats have scored just eight goals in their last 16 Premier League games against Arsenal.
- The Gunners have enjoyed two 3-1 victories against Sunderland already this season, in the league and in the FA Cup. Both games saw Joel Campbell, Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud net the Gunners’ goals.
- Sam Allardyce lost just three of the first 11 Premier League meetings with Arsene Wenger (W3 D5 L3), but has lost 11 of the last 13 (W1 D1 L11).
- Sunderland have won just four of their last 17 Premier League matches at the Stadium of Light (W4 D6 L7).
- Arsenal have won just three of their last 11 Premier League away games (W3 D5 L3) after winning 10 of the previous 12 (W10 D1 L1).
- Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe has scored nine goals in his 14 Premier League appearances in 2016 so far.