Jermain Defoe will hope to continue his prolific start to 2016 when his Sunderland side line up against his suitors Bournemouth at the Stadium of Light on Saturday afternoon.
Dame N’Doye could be handed a Sunderland debut after the striker signed on loan from Turkish side Trabzonspor for the rest of the season, with Steven Fletcher reporting illness on Thursday.
Full-back DeAndre Yedlin returns after being ineligible for last weekend’s trip to parent club Tottenham, while defender Younes Kaboul (hamstring) and midfielder Sebastian Larsson (knee) are still out.
Record signing Benik Afobe will undergo a late fitness test in his bid to lead Bournemouth’s attack. The former Wolves forward limped out of last weekend’s 3-0 win over Norwich and faces a race against time to play against the Black Cats.
Bournemouth will also run the last-minute rule over Matt Ritchie (hip) and Josh King (hamstring).
- Sunderland have lost just one of the seven meetings with Bournemouth in all competitions (W4 D2 L1), but that came earlier this season on the south coast.
- The Black Cats have won three of the six Barclays Premier League home games played under Sam Allardyce. They won just three of the previous 19 before his arrival.
- The Cherries have lost just one of their last five Premier League games on the road (W2 D2 L1).
- Jermain Defoe has scored more Premier League goals in 2016 than any other player so far (5), while Adam Johnson has twice as many assists in the Premier League in 2016 (4) than any other player.
- Johnson has already equalled his highest tally of assists in a single Premier League season (six, alongside 2012-13) so far this campaign in 16 appearances.
- Sunderland have allowed their opponents a league-high 140 shots on target this season; 22 more than any other team.
- Sunderland have conceded the most penalties in the Premier League this season (7).
- Since the start of 2014-15, Bournemouth have won more penalties than any other team in the top four tiers of English football (20).
- Bournemouth have scored the most goals in the opening 15 minutes of Premier League games this season (7).
- Sunderland have conceded the most goals in the opening 15 minutes of Premier League games this season (8).