Sunderland new boys Lamine Kone and Wahbi Khazri could go straight into the squad for Tuesday night’s Premier League clash with Manchester City.
Former Lorient defender Kone and midfielder Khazri, who joined the club in a £9m million move from Bordeaux over the weekend, have both received international clearance and could be involved, along with striker Dame N’Doye, who is yet to make his debut after sealing his loan switch earlier this month.
Manager Sam Allardyce, who has allowed central defender Sebastian Coates to join Sporting Lisbon on loan for the rest of the campaign, is without only defender Younes Kaboul (hamstring) and midfielder Sebastian Larsson (knee) through injury.
Manchester City midfielder Fabian Delph will miss the match with a calf injury.
The problem is thought to be minor but Manuel Pellegrini does not want to risk further damage. Left-back Aleksandar Kolarov (calf) is fit to return and Joe Hart will be back in goal after being rested for recent cup games.
Captain Vincent Kompany (calf), centre-back Eliaquim Mangala (hamstring) and striker Wilfried Bony (calf) are not ready while Samir Nasri (thigh) and Kevin De Bruyne (knee and ankle) are longer-term absentees.
- Sunderland have won five Premier League home games against Manchester City – only versus Stoke City (6) have they won more often.
- Manchester City’s 4-1 win at the Stadium of Light last season ended a run of four consecutive 0-1 away defeats against Sunderland in the Barclays Premier League.
- Wilfried Bony has scored in three of his four Premier League appearances against Sunderland (three goals).
- Manchester City have scored a league-high 11 goals from outside the box in the Premier League this season.
- Former Manchester City player Adam Johnson has more Premier League assists than any other player in 2016 so far (3).
- On average, Man City complete a league-high 149 passes per game in the final third of the pitch this season while Sunderland complete the lowest on average (57 per game).
- Of all current Premier League teams, Sunderland have the lowest points per game record in the month of February (0.64 – P47 W6 D12 L29).
- Jermain Defoe has scored 30% of his shots (excl. blocked) in the Premier League this season (9/30); double his ratio in 2014-15 (15% – 4/26).
- Sergio Aguero has scored 11 goals in his last nine Premier League appearances, including four goals in his last two games.
- These two sides have made the most changes to their starting XI overall in the Premier League so far in 2015-16 (60 changes each).