Olivier Giroud has scored at a rate of better than a goal a game this season ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Swansea City on Saturday.
Swansea City boss Garry Monk has a fully-fit squad to pick from for the game, with Wayne Routledge returning to training this week following a calf problem.
Arsenal, meanwhile, are without Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain so Joel Campbell could be handed his first Premier League start on the right wing for Arsene Wenger’s men.
Per Mertesacker returned in the Capital One Cup defeat at Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday, but Aaron Ramsey, Mikel Arteta, David Ospina, Jack Wilshere, Danny Welbeck and Tomas Rosicky remain sidelined.
- Swansea City are unbeaten in their last three Premier League meetings with Arsenal (W2 D1), after losing three of the five before that (W2).
- The Gunners have scored on each of their four Premier League visits to Liberty Stadium (W2 L2).
- Bafetimbi Gomis scored the winning goal in both of Swansea’s meetings with Arsenal last season in the Premier League.
- Swansea have picked up just one win from their last six top-flight games (D2 L3), although that victory did come last time out – 2-1 at Aston Villa.
- Garry Monk’s side are without a win in three home league games (D2 L1), their worst run since last February (also three games). They’ve never gone four without a victory at home under their current boss.
- Arsenal have lost just one of their last 11 Premier League away games (0-2 v Chelsea), winning nine and drawing one.
- Arsenal have scored 1999 goals in all competitions under Arsene Wenger.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored or assisted 30 goals in 60 Premier League apps for Swansea (16 goals, 14 assists) – only Wilfried Bony (31) has been involved in more for the club in the competition.
- Oliver Giroud has the best minutes-per-goal rate of any player in the PL this season, scoring every 88.8 minutes on average (min. two goals).
- Mesut Özil has the best games-per-assist rate in Premier League history – averaging an assist every 2.71 matches (min. 20 assists).