History suggests there are unlikely to be too many goals when Swansea City host West Brom in the Premier League on Boxing Day.
Wayne Routledge returns to the Swansea squad after missing last weekend’s draw against West Ham with a knee injury, while Angel Rangel has been cleared to play after spraining an ankle in that game.
Lukasz Fabianski will feature after his wife gave birth to a baby boy earlier this week, but Eder (knee) and Franck Tabanou (thigh) remain out.
West Brom, meanwhile, will be without Salomon Rondon and James McClean, who start three-game bans following their sendings-off against Bournemouth.
Claudio Yacob is available after a family bereavement, but Ben Foster continues his battle back from a long-term knee injury.
- The last six meetings between these two sides have seen both teams pick up three wins and take turns in doing so. West Brom won the last fixture, so if the run was to continue then Swansea City would win this match.
- There have only been two goals scored in the three Premier League Boxing Day fixtures involving Swansea City.
- West Brom have won only one of their nine Premier League Boxing Day matches (W1 D2 L6).
- Wayne Routledge has scored three goals in the last three Premier League games between these two clubs at the Liberty Stadium, all in the first half.
- Rickie Lambert has scored in two of his three Premier League appearances on Boxing Day (2012 v Fulham, 2013 v Cardiff).
- Swansea are now winless in seven successive Premier League matches (D2 L5), their worst run in the competition since an eight-game winless streak between Dec 2013-Jan 2014.
- Swansea have won none of their last seven Premier League home games at Liberty Stadium (D4 L3), failing to score in five of those matches.
- The Swans have failed to score in eight Premier League games so far this season, more often than any other side.
- West Brom have gone four games without a victory in the Premier League (W0 D3 L1) – they have never failed to win in five successive league games under Tony Pulis.
- Bafétimbi Gomis scored with four of his first 10 shots (excluding blocked) in the Premier League this season but has since netted just one goal from 23 shots (excluding blocked).