Tevez decides to stay at Boca after snubbing shock PL approach

Date published: Tuesday 26th July 2016 9:06

Carlos Tevez: Determined to end career with Boca

Carlos Tevez: Determined to end career with Boca

Carlos Tevez has revealed he has opted to stay at Boca Juniors this summer after snubbing a shock approach for his services from Chelsea.

The former West Ham, Manchester United and Manchester City favourite claims both the Blues and Italian side Napoli had contacted his agent to see if he’d cosnider returning to Europe, where he last played for Antonio Conte’s Juventus.

Tevez returned to Buenos Aires and first club Boca in 2015, and the message to interested European clubs is clear: ‘I’m not coming back’.

“I’m fine at Boca,” said the 32, year-old, quoted inCorriere dello Sport. “Indeed my idea, my dream is to finish my career as a player in this wonderful club.

“Europe? Yes, it’s true Napoli and Chelsea seek me, but I repeat what I said before. My desire is to stay at Boca until I retire.”

West Ham co-chairman David Sullivan revealed earlier this month he had explored the possibility of re-signing Tevez, claiming the deal broke down over the player’s wage demands.

Tevez became a cult hero in east London when he helped save the club from relegation in 2007, and Premier League successes with United and City followed.

He left for Juve in 2013 when new Chelsea boss Conte was in charge and went on to win back-to-back Serie A titles.

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323