The 6 players Mourinho wants to sell at Manchester United

Date published: Wednesday 20th December 2017 12:30

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho will sell six players to enable him to make one galactico-style signing, claims a report in Spain.

Diario Gol might not be sure who Mourinho wants to add to his Old Trafford squad next month, claiming United are eyeing moves for Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale and Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann, but they have reported the names of the six players Mourinho wants to bomb out.

The six players are: Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Luke Shaw, Matteo Damian, Daley Blind, James Wilson and Axel Tuanzebe.

Armenia midfielder Mkhitaryan is the only one of the six signed by Mourinho – he arrived in the summer of 2016, but he has failed to impress at Old Trafford and his old club Borussia Dortmund are understood to keen on taking him back to the Bundesliga.

Shaw has had very little game time, but he is not trusted by Mourinho, while Darmian and Blind have feature very little this term and Mourinho sees no future at the club for youngsters Wilson and Tuanzebe.

Earlier this month, Mourinho confirmed he would allow players to leave United if the offers were right.

“I think for the right price,” Mourinho said. “That’s my approach as a manager. I think every player has a price.

“If a player is not happy, if a player brings with him the request with the number that we consider a good number for us – like with Memphis and Morgan – I would never say no.”

France striker Griezmann was on Mourinho’s list in the summer, but Atletico’s transfer ban meant they would have nor been able to sign a replacement until next month and so the deal never happened.

Barcelona are also interested in Griezmann and that is only likely to increase the price of the 26-year-old, whose release clause is set at €100million.

Bale meanwhile is another man Mourinho has been tracking and he signalled his intention to try and sign the Wales star ahead of the Super Cup clash between the pair earlier this season after speculation Real would allow him to move on.

Bale though started the 2-1 win over United in August and afterwards Mourinho admitted it was “game over” in his attempts to sign the forward.

Asked if it the pursuit of him was over, Mourinho said: “I think so – clearly the club wants him and he wants the club – game over even before it started – everybody knows he is going to stay.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments