Toffees taken down by Shakers

Date published: Friday 10th July 2009 10:10

Brazilian striker Jo, who re-signed for the Toffees on a season-long loan earlier in the day, came on in the second half to make his second ‘debut’ for the club.

Louis Saha put the Toffees ahead in the 23rd minute with a delicate header, before Ryan Lowe equalised on 64 minutes and Efe Sodje got what proved the winner five minutes later.

Meanwhile, Everton captain Phil Neville has welcomed the return of hot-shot Jo to the club.

The Manchester City striker proved a big hit during his first loan spell at Goodison Park, scoring five goals in 12 appearances last term, and Neville is looking forward to playing alongside the 22-year-old striker again.

He told the club’s official website: “It would be fantastic. I was really impressed with Jo last year.

“The first time I trained with him I saw unbelievable quality for such a young player – he looked like he had everything in his locker.

“There were question marks before he came here, but I think everyone at Everton appreciated his quality and I think he’s really enjoyed the camaraderie in the team. If you’re happy off the pitch, you’ll be happy on it.

“He scored some important goals for us.”

Neville hopes Jo will be the first of many signings for last year’s FA Cup finalists.

He added: “Last season I think we went up in everybody’s opinions and I think we are a nice proposition for players to come and join us.

“We’ve got European football, a good young squad and I think people can see that we’re going places. Hopefully Jo will be the first of many signings.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments

Toffees taken down by Shakers

Date published: Friday 10th July 2009 10:10

“He scored some important goals for us.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments

Toffees taken down by Shakers

Date published: Friday 10th July 2009 10:10

“He scored some important goals for us.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments

Toffees taken down by Shakers

Date published: Friday 10th July 2009 10:10

“He scored some important goals for us.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments

Toffees taken down by Shakers

Date published: Friday 10th July 2009 10:10

“I was really impressed with Jo last year,” said Neville.

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments

Toffees taken down by Shakers

Date published: Friday 10th July 2009 10:10

“He scored some important goals for us.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments

Toffees taken down by Shakers

Date published: Friday 10th July 2009 10:10

“I was really impressed with Jo last year,” said Neville.

Related Articles