Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil has recorded the most assists in the Premier League this season – but Manchester City’s David Silva leads the way in terms of efficiency.
1. DAVID SILVA, Manchester City – seven assists in 698 minutes (100 minutes per assist)
The Spain playmaker has continued to show his class this term.
2. LEONARDO ULLOA, Leicester City – five assists in 523 minutes (105 per assist)
Jamie Vardy might be stealing the headlines, but Argentinian striker Ulloa is certainly making a useful contribution to Leicester’s impressive campaign.
3. GERARD DEULOFEU, Everton – nine assists in 967 minutes (107 per assist)
The Spanish winger has shone on his return to Everton, who he joined on a permanent deal over the summer having previously enjoyed a loan spell with them in 2013-14.
4. MESUT OZIL Arsenal – 11 assists in 1,729 minutes (157 per assist)
The Germany midfielder’s form for Arsenal now seems to have well and truly quietened the sort of questioning he had been coming in for following his big-money move from Real Madrid in 2013.
5. KEVIN DE BRUYNE, Manchester City – eight assists in 1,486 minutes (186 per assist)
De Bruyne is another man who commanded a huge fee, but his exploits this term have shown why City were willing to pay so much for the Belgium playmaker over the summer.
6. RIYAD MAHREZ, Leicester City – six assists in 1,183 minutes (197 per assist)
The Algeria winger is just one more stand-out performer among so many for Leicester this season.
7. WES HOOLAHAN, Norwich City – five assists in 1,008 minutes (202 per assist)
A midfielder whose efforts have perhaps gone a little under the radar compared to some of the others on the list.
8. CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN, Tottenham – six assists in 1,383 minutes (231 per assist)
The Denmark midfielder is a key part of Tottenham’s dynamic team.
9. SADIO MANE, Southampton – six assists in 1,452 minutes (242 per assist)
It is clear to see why Manchester United were reportedly interested in the Senegal winger as he builds on an impressive 2013-14 campaign, his first in English football.
10. ROSS BARKLEY, Everton – six assists in 1,671 minutes (279 per assist)
The midfielder’s sparkling form has been good news for Everton – and looks promising for England’s Euro 2016 hopes.
Press Association Sport also analysed the best attacking partnerships between Premier League players this term.
Based on the number of goals yielded by a pairing, Everton’s Deulofeu and Lukaku came out on top with six goals – all assisted by the former and scored by the latter.
Two Arsenal partnerships were in joint-second on five goals: Ozil and Olivier Giroud, and Alexis Sanchez and Theo Walcott. Ozil assisted on five goals for Giroud, while Sanchez made two for Walcott, with three more coming with their roles reversed.