Tottenham target Suso turns down Champions League move

Date published: Friday 30th June 2017 1:33

AC Milan midfielder Suso has revealed he has turned his back on offers from three Champions League teams in favour of a longer stay in Serie A.

The 23-year-old, whose contract expires in 2019, is waiting to extend his deal in Milan, but he has had offers from elsewhere.

Spurs have been heavily linked with the former Liverpool man and reports earlier this month claimed Mauricio Pochettino was eager to get him on board at White Hart Lane.

Napoli are also believed to have been chasing the player, who contributed seven goals and 11 assists in 37 competitive games for Milan. Anyone Milan fans betting on Paddy Power will have been delighted to see their odds for the Serie A title drop massively in the close season.

Suso claims he had a verbal agreement over a new contract in December, but is still waiting to finalise the deal, but in the meantime he has had offers.

“First of all I would like to thank the fans for their many messages,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “I would like to let them know that we had an agreement in December and I have been waiting since.

“I spoke with [Milan general manager Marco] Fassone back then and he told me that there was no problem. I’m just waiting and continue to wait. They have my number and that of my agent. I’ve had three offers from clubs in the Champions League, but I want to stay here.”

Milan themselves will be in the Champions League next season – ending a three-year absence from European football – and Suso is happy to bide his time.

“The club are doing a great job, building a great side to stay at the top.

“We need to take it slowly to try to get back into the Champions League, ” added Suso.

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments