Toure wants to see out Man City deal

Date published: Thursday 23rd July 2015 11:58

Toure’s agent Dimitri Seluk said last season it was ’90 per cent certain’ his client would leave City over the summer, but the midfielder eventually committed his future to the club.

He told the Manchester Evening News: “There was too much speculation about me leaving – it’s clear that I have my contract at City and I want to see out my contract.

“I am happy to stay at the club. I want to get to the end of my contract.”

Toure will be 34 when his City contract expires in 2017, but the Ivorian is not complemplating retirement for some time.

“I’ve always known for 32 years that I can play until 40 because I know my quality and that’s all,” he added.

The Blues have signed Raheem Sterling and Fabian Delph this summer, and Toure is looking forward to the new season.

“We’ve signed some great players this year in Sterling and Delph,” he said. “We welcome them and we hope they will give us a massive boost.”

“We need to bounce back this year and to support our fans – they have supported us for long years and we want to make them proud.”

Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs, meanwhile, has stressed the club’s desire to keep hold of City target Kevin De Bruyne.

“We don’t have a game plan for ‘what would happen if,'” Allofs told German TV channel Sport 1. “If someone comes with that much money… it’s not happened yet so we don’t need to think about it.

“If such a thing does happen, we have a commitment to our players to deal with it seriously.

“But, again, as a club we’re not obliged to… we’re not in a situation where we need to sell players.

“Kevin is also categorised as not for sale. I think he played a decisive role for our team last year. When you have the sporting ambition that we have, it should be forbidden to let him go.”

Related Articles

Your Say

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *