Twist emerges in Keita release-clause denial; Liverpool still on alert

Date published: Tuesday 11th July 2017 10:44

It has emerged that Liverpool’s top transfer target, Naby Keita, does have a release clause in his contract but that it doesn’t come into effect until next summer.

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp is desperate to land the RB Leipzig midfielder this summer but efforts to do so have been met with staunch resistance by the Bundesliga outfit.

Leipzig’s sporting director Ralf Rangnick insisted last week that none of their key players would be leaving the Red Bull Arena and that Keita does not have an exit clause in his contract.

However, Italian super agent Giovanni Branchini has given hope to the Reds by claiming that Keita would still favour a move to Liverpool next summer, if they can’t seal the deal this time around, according to the report in the Daily Express.

“I really like him [Keita] he’s similar to [N’Golo] Kante but has better technical skills,” Branchini told Italian outlet Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He has a release clause that can be activated from next summer.

“RB Leipzig don’t want to sell him now but if he leaves he will be joining Liverpool.”

Brancini’s claims conflict with what Rangnick has been saying in recent weeks.

“There are no players in our squad who have an exit clause,” he said.

“I will repeat it one more time, we will not sell any of our key players.

“There are a lot of reports about there being a certain figure where we could be open to a sale, but they are all false.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments