Guus Hiddink will make a late decision whether to include new boy Alexandre Pato in his squad to face Watford on Wednesday night.
Watford boss Quique Sanchez Flores will recall the senior players he rested for Saturday’s late FA Cup win against Nottingham Forest.
Midfielder Mario Suarez could make his Hornets debut after joining from Fiorentina at the weekend.
On-loan Chelsea full-back Nathan Ake is not eligible to face his parent club, so Jose Holebas is expected to come into the side.
Defenders Tommie Hoban (groin) and Joel Ekstrand (knee) both continue their rehabilitation.
Chelsea could recall defender Kurt Zouma and Cesar Azpilicueta, who were unused substitutes in the cup demolition at MK Dons.
Willian will be monitored after he injured his foot in Sunday’s game, but the problem is not serious.
Loic Remy will miss out with a calf injury and Guus Hiddink says a late decision will be made on Pato’s availability, but Matt Miazga will not feature.
“He is somewhere in between fitness. He had to do aerobic stuff yesterday which we had to accept,” said Hiddink.
“He has worked for a few training sessions and will be in this afternoon but I don’t know if he is up for the game until later this afternoon.
“He is not fully fit I don’t think but the paperwork is done and formally he is available.
“Physically and mentally he has done hardly a whole training session with the team.
“We have to prepare him well and as soon as possible for the tight schedule coming up.”
Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who started and impressed in the 5-1 win at stadium.mk will be hoping to keep his place.
- Watford have kept a clean sheet in half (6) of their last 12 Premier League home matches.
- Chelsea scored with their only two shots on target in the 2-2 home draw with Watford back on Boxing Day.
- The Blues have won seven and lost none of the last nine matches against the Hornets in all competitions (D2).
- Troy Deeney has created 26 goalscoring chances for Odion Ighalo this season in the Premier League (assisting a goal with six of these); a higher number than any player for a teammate in 2015-16.
- Odion Ighalo has scored seven goals in his last seven Premier League matches at Vicarage Road for the Hornets.
- Watford have won just one of their previous seven Premier League games in the month of February (W1 D2 L4).
- This will be Watford’s 100th Premier League match, becoming the 39th team to reach a century of games in the competition.
- Chelsea have won 28 points from their 23 Premier League games so far in 2015-16 – it took them 11 games to surpass this tally in 2014-15.
- Six Watford players have appeared in every single one of their 23 Premier League games this season; more than any other club (Cathcart, Ighalo, Gomes, Nyom, Deeney & Capoue).
- Watford’s 32 point tally after 23 games this season is the best at this stage of a season by a newly promoted side since Birmingham City (34) in 2009-10.