Bafetimbi Gomis will become only the fifth player to score in the first five games of a Premier League season if he registers for Swansea at Watford.
Neither Victor Ibarbo nor Obbi Oulare are expected to make their debuts for Watford, with Ibarbo awaiting international clearance and Oulare short of match fitness. Adlene Guedioura could be involved, however, following his deadline-day move from Crystal Palace.
Jefferson Montero is available for Swansea having shaken off the thigh injury that forced him to miss the win over Manchester United before the international break, leaving Garry Monk with a fully-fit squad to choose from.
- At Vicarage Road, Watford have lost their last two league meetings with Swansea, after winning each of the three games before that.
- The Hornets are without a win in their last four league meetings with Swansea (D2 L2).
- The last time these two sides met at Vicarage Road, Swans’ boss Garry Monk played in defence for the Welsh side in a 3-2 Championship away win (28th Sep 2010).
- On home soil, Watford have netted exactly two goals in four of their last five league clashes with Swansea.
- The Hornets have failed to direct a single shot on target in their last two Premier League games.
- The Swans have kept only one clean sheet in their last six top-tier games on the road.
- Bafétimbi Gomis has scored in each of his first four games of the PL season. Only four players have managed to score in their first five (M. Quinn 6, I. Marshall 5, W. Rooney 5, J. Reyes 5).
- Gomis has scored nine goals in his last 10 Premier League games for Swansea.
- Only Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla (16) has created more goal-scoring chances in the PL this season than Swansea’s Jonjo Shelvey (14).
- Watford players have racked up 91 interceptions so far this season, more than any other side.