Arsene Wenger reacted to Hector Bellerin’s new Arsenal contract on Tuesday and suggested the media focus their transfer attention on someone else.
Bellerin signed a bumper new deal yesterday with Barcelona and Bayern Munich both being linked with the 21-year-old in recent months.
Wenger was understandably delighted to have secured Bellerin’s services and put the talk of a return to Catalonia on ice.
“When you give youngsters a chance to play in the first team, you want them to commit to the club.
“It sends out that the media will have to find a different name for someone that wants to leave,” said Wenger.
Bellerin, who is out for a month with an ankle problem, has cemented himself as Arsenal’s first-choice right-back since breaking into the first team in 2014 and the London Evening Standard reported the Spaniard had penned a six-and-a-half year contract to more than double his wages to over £100,000 a week.
“We left Walcott and Ramsey [out of training] for recovery. They should be alright.
“Lucas Perez is back training, just not with the squad. He is ahead of schedule,” said Wenger.
The French boss also revealed he was undecided whether or not to start with Olivier Giroud against PSG with the Gunners already through to the knockout stage.
“I have only good players and every week I leave top players on the bench. I rotate a little bit.
“He is not forever on the bench. He will play games. I have not decided (whether he will start vs PSG).
“We have done the job in a convincing way. It is a luxury to be qualified after four games.
“If we finish the job after five games that will mean we will have done the job really well. Last year we had to battle until the end.”