West Brom have kept more clean sheets than any other Premier League team since Tony Pulis’ arrival – and on Monday face a goal-shy Everton.
Boaz Myhill is likely to replace Anders Lindegaard in goal for West Brom as Tony Pulis reverts back to his strongest available line-up after making 10 changes for the midweek Capital One Cup defeat at Norwich City.
Ben Foster is unlikely to be fit much before Christmas after suffering a setback in his recovery from a cruciate knee ligament injury.
John Stones, meanwhile, is a doubt for Everton after injuring his knee in midweek, but Roberto Martinez will give the defender as long as possible to prove his fitness ahead of the trip to the Black Country.
Seamus Coleman will also be assessed late on after missing the last two games with a hamstring injury. Kevin Mirallas is definitely out as he serves the second of a three-game suspension.
Kick-off at The Hawthorns on Monday is at 8pm.
- West Brom have failed to win against Everton in their last five Premier League encounters (D3 L2).
- On the nine occasions Everton have scored first against WBA in the Premier League, they have remained unbeaten and dropped just two points (W8 D1).
- Everton have kept three successive clean sheets away from home in the Premier League for the first time since December 2013.
- Conversely, Everton have failed to find the net in three of their last four Premier League games.
- Since Tony Pulis took charge of his first West Brom game on January 10, Albion have kept more clean sheets in the Premier League than any other side (14).
- The Baggies will be looking to keep their fourth clean sheet in a row – the last time that they did this in the top flight was in March 1983.
- Eleven of Saido Berahino’s 15 Premier League goals since the start of last season have been scored at The Hawthorns (73%).
- Steven Naismith could make his 100th Premier League appearance in this match, but just 49 of the previous 99 have been starts.
- Ross Barkley has had a hand in five goals (two goals, three assists) in his six Premier League appearances this season. Last season, he had a hand in four goals in 29 PL apps.