West Brom boss Tony Pulis will consider Saido Berahino for selection in Saturday’s Premier League clash with Southampton at The Hawthorns.
West Brom boss Tony Pulis will consider Saido Berahino for selection following his rejected transfer request before the international break.
Pulis could also hand debuts to Anders Lindegaard and Jonny Evans, while Chris Brunt is fit again after a hamstring injury.
Southampton, meanwhile, could hand a debut to Virgil van Dijk but are without the injured Jordy Clasie and Ryan Bertrand. Victor Wanyama, like Berahino, will be considered by his club despite seeking a transfer elsewhere.
- At The Hawthorns, West Brom have lost just one of their five Premier League games against Southampton (W3 D1), with the visitors netting just one goal in total on those five visits.
- However, West Brom have won just one of their last four top-tier meetings with Southampton (D1 L2).
- The last four PL meetings between these two sides have produced a total of just three goals.
- Premier League games between these two sides have averaged 1.4 goals per game (14 in 10). Of PL fixtures played 10+ times, only Bolton v Southampton has averaged fewer goals (1.17).
- The Baggies have lost four of their last six Premier League games at The Hawthorns (W1 D1), conceding at least three goals in each of those defeats.
- Only Newcastle United can equal Southampton’s current run of nine Premier League away games without a win.
- West Brom have four points from their first four games in 15/16: only in 12/13 have they ever had more at this stage of a PL campaign (7).
- Saints have now kept two PL clean sheets in a row. They last made it three shut-outs in a row in November 2014 (4 in total).
- Only two of Graziano Pellé’s 14 Premier League goals have come away from St. Mary’s.
- New Southampton signing Virgil van Dijk netted nine goals in the Scottish Premiership with Celtic (13/14 – 15/16), a figure only one other defender could better.