West Brom are unbeaten in 15 league games against Watford going into Saturday’s latest Premier League clash at The Hawthorns.
West Brom striker Salomon Rondon is thought to have overcome the back injury that forced him off during the first half at Manchester City last weekend, but he will be assessed as a precaution.
Alex Pritchard’s hip problem makes him less likely to feature while fellow midfielder Callum McManaman is also a doubt with an ankle injury.
Albion boss Tony Pulis hopes James Morrison might be able to return from his ruptured hamstring before the end of the season, but he will not be available on Saturday.
Watford boss Quique Sanchez Flores has a fully-fit squad to pick from but has hinted he could make changes with an FA Cup semi-final against Crystal Palace next week and the need to address a six-game winless league run.
The likes of Nathan Ake, Allan Nyom, Sebastian Prodl and Almen Abdi will therefore be hoping for recalls, but Joel Ekstrand is unlikely to feature having only just returned from a long-term knee injury.
- West Bromwich Albion have lost none of their last 15 league meetings with Watford (W8 D7 L0).
- The Hornets have failed to keep a clean sheet on their last seven league trips to The Hawthorns, shipping 21 goals in total in those games.
- Over the last 27 meetings between these sides in all competitions, Watford have failed to beat West Brom when they’ve conceded a goal.
- Watford are the lowest-scoring team in the Premier League in 2016 so far, with just seven goals to their name.
- West Brom have scored exactly 50 goals in 50 Premier League games under Tony Pulis.
- The average age of WBA’s starting XI in the Premier League this season is 29y 219d old – the oldest in the competition. Watford’s (28y 210d) is the third oldest.
- Watford have kept 10 clean sheets in the Premier League this season, but just two of these have been away from home.
- Odion Ighalo has scored just one goal from 23 shots (excl.blocked) in the Premier League in 2016 (4.3% conversion rate). In 2015, he scored from 13 of his 54 shots (24.1%).
- Just eight players have scored a Premier League goal for Watford this season, a joint league-low with Stoke City.
- Games involving Watford this season have seen a league-low 68 goals scored, while West Brom have only witnessed 70 goals overall in their matches (the 18th lowest).