West Ham fail with Bacca bid, but striker open to move

Date published: Friday 3rd June 2016 8:44

Carlos Bacca: West Ham target

Carlos Bacca: West Ham target

West Ham have failed with a £15.5million offer for Carlos Bacca, but the striker is open to leaving AC Milan, according to his agent.

Bacca has been told he can leave Milan just 12 months after joining from Sevilla, with the Rossoneri missing out on a place in Europe for next season after finishing seventh in Serie A.

However, any move for Bacca, 29, may have to wait until after Milan’s proposed sale to Chinese investors.

“There was an offer last week from West Ham which was rejected so we must wait,” the Colombian’s agent, Sergio Barila, told the Guardian.

“Carlos is very happy in Milan because it is a very big club and he has enjoyed his time there so far. But they will not play in European competition next season and that could be a problem.

“At the moment Carlos is training with the national team for the Copa América and it is likely we will have to wait for the new investors before anything can develop.”

Bacca scored 18 goals in Serie A last season having netted 34 in 71 appearances for Sevilla.

He is the fourth striker West Ham have bid for already this summer following earlier offers for Marseille’s Michy Batshuayi, Alexandre Lacazette of Lyon and Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson.

Juventus’ Simone Zaza and Watford’s Odion Ighalo are further targets for the Hammers, who are determined to add some high-profile signings to their squad ahead of their move to the Olympic Stadium.

Related Articles

Your Say