West Ham striker Andy Carroll has bemoaned his injury luck as he faces yet another spell on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.
Carroll limped out after just 15 minutes in the victory over Bournemouth, with reports suggesting the tear to his hamstring is likely to keep the one-time England regular out of action for up to two months.
The 27-year-old is now set for more rehabilitation, having been blighted by a string of fitness issues since signing a permanent deal with the Irons in June 2013.
Manager Slaven Bilic, already missing the likes of attackers Manuel Lanzini and Diafra Sakho, had hoped Carroll’s absence would not prove too long.
The striker, though, revealed in a post on his official Twitter page during Wednesday afternoon the official prognosis was not likely to be so positive.
“Words can’t describe how I feel today,” Carroll wrote.
Boss Slaven Bilic commented: “It’s a big blow for us because he has been working really hard. He came back after a long, long injury.
“I don’t understand it because we’re resting the players. We’re not training a lot. We can only hope it won’t last that long. He is disappointed because he knows he was back.”
Luckless Carroll joined West Ham from Liverpool for a club record £15m in June 2013. His time at Upton Park, however, has been beset by injuries.
He has recently given cause for optimism with two goals in the club’s past four games. He netted the winner at home to Southampton last month and the second goal in the Irons’ 2-0 home win against Liverpool on January 2.
Bilic added: “Its a really bad situation for us. After Liverpool I said he was back. He looked sharp, he looked strong.
“He was covering the whole pitch. He was terrorising the defence and everything. Then we said: ‘Yes, this is it. He is back. He is back.’
“He started well against Bournemouth. Dominating and everything. Then he pulled a hamstring. We don’t know now how bad it is, we can only hope it won’t be for long.”