West Ham and Aston Villa both have injury concerns ahead of their Premier League meeting at Upton Park on Tuesday night.
West Ham defender James Tomkins is doubtful to face Aston Villa after suffering a head injury against Liverpool in the FA Cup.
But full-back Sam Byram returns after being cup-tied, midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate is expected to be available despite limping off at Anfield while goalkeeper Adrian and skipper Mark Noble should be back after sitting out on Saturday.
New signing Emmanuel Emenike looks likely to miss out as he awaits international clearance. Fellow strikers Diafra Sakho (thigh) and Andy Carroll (hamstring) are still recovering from injuries along with midfielder Manuel Lanzini (thigh).
Aston Villa manager Remi Garde is facing a selection crisis as he takes his injury-hit squad to east London.
Strikers Rudy Gestede (hamstring) and Libor Kozak (ankle) are likely to miss out after being sidelined for Saturday’s 4-0 FA Cup defeat to Manchester City while Ashley Westwood is a doubt with a calf problem.
Carlos Sanchez (hamstring) is out with Adama Traore (foot) and long-term injury victim Jordan Amavi (knee) but Alan Hutton may return after a hamstring injury.
- There have been just five goals scored in the last five Premier League meetings between West Ham and Aston Villa.
- Aston Villa managed eight shots on target against West Ham United in the reverse fixture back on Boxing Day, the most they have managed in a Premier League game this season.
- Nikica Jelavic has scored in three of his five Premier League appearances against Aston Villa, including the last two.
- The Hammers’ players have blocked 120 opposition shots in the Premier League this season; more than any other team.
- Dimitri Payet has created 57 chances for West Ham in the Premier League this season; more than twice as many as any other Hammers’ player (Aaron Cresswell – 26, the next most).
- West Ham have seen 14 of their players score a Premier League goal this season, a joint league-high with Chelsea.
- West Brom had the same points tally after 23 games in 2004-05 as Aston Villa do now (13) and they managed to avoid relegation.
- The Hammers have conceded a league-low two headed goals this season in the Premier League.
- Enner Valencia has as many goals in his last three Premier League appearances (4) as he had in his previous 39 in the competition.
- Mark Bunn has kept as many Premier League clean sheets in three games (2) as Brad Guzan has in 20 games in goal for Aston Villa this season.